Position Services Global Control and Risk Team Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
See job description for details
Com p a ny P r o file:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Glasgow Position Services department is the Asset Servicing area of Morgan Stanley, responsible for managing the timely and accurate processing of all Corporate Events which has an impact on security positions held by our clients and proprietary trading desks. The group consists of the following teams: Voluntary Corporate Actions, Dividends (including Optional Dividends), Bond Corporate Actions, Global Control, Client Money & Risk, Coupons (Principal and Interest), and Proxy Voting.
The department has been established in Glasgow for several years and has developed itself into a highly efficient and successful operation, providing first class client service. This has been achieved through strong focus on control, commerciality and people. We are looking for hard-working candidates to continue the positive progression of the team which currently has approximately 50 staff, and is part of the Shared Services & Banking Organisation (SSBO) division within ISG Operations.
The Position Services Global Control and Risk Team are primarily responsible for managing the High Impact Client Money function for the Glasgow Position Services department as well as providing risk reporting to all Position Services global locations on a daily basis. The team are also responsible for reviewing, determining and resolving process risk across Position Services functions. The team works very closely with all other processing and vendor control teams in Position Services as well as interacting with a number of other groups in Morgan Stanley on a daily basis such as SSBO Risk, Client Money, Operational Risk and Regulatory Control, Stock Loan, Client Services, Financial Controllers, International Prime Brokerage and Prime Brokerage.
Pr i m a ry R e s p o n s i bili t i e s:
Responsibilities of the Position Services Global Control and Risk Team include, but are not limited to:
- Protecting the firm and its clients against the risks associated with corporate action, dividend and proxy event processing. These risks may be financial, regulatory, franchise, market or operational
- Providing high quality corporate event Risk Reporting to the firm
- Developing and implementing process improvements to minimise risk to the firm and our clients
- Daily management of the High Impact Client Money exception process
- Responsible for account opening and maintenance for global Position Services teams
- Reconciliation of all Position Services owned accounts for monthly General Ledger sign off
- Daily vendor management control
- Processing Employee Trading Elections on Corporate Action events
- Dividend Surplus Profit and Loss reconciliations in liaison with Stock Loan Desk and Finance Controller Group
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and inter personal skills
- High regard for attention to detail, accuracy & quality
- Ability to prioritise effectively and achieve results under pressure
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Good IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Strong multitasking capabilities and time management skills
- Ability to question a process and promote own ideas and solution
- Previous experience of Client Money, Corporate Actions, Dividends or Coupons would be advantageous although not essential. Full training will be provided.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM1