Private Equity Accountant - Director
- £55-80,000 (DOE) + Benefits
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Meraki Talent
- 10 Oct 17 2017-10-10
Outstanding Private Equity Accountant role with leading Venture Capital business in Glasgow. A CA with a Big 4 and private equity and/or funds background, you will report to the CFO and lead a small finance team. Preparing financial statements, quarterly portfolio valuations, cashflow management and Board MI packs will all form part of your duties. Role is offered on an FTC basis to cover maternity, but other opportunities may become available.
This Private Equity Accountant job in Glasgow with a boutique financial services business is an outstanding opportunity for a qualified accountant with a funds and/or private equity background to make a lasting impression on the company at a senior level. Meraki Talent’s client is a leading private equity business with a proven track record of supporting high growth potential businesses across several sectors, with investments ranging from £5-20m. As a result of impending maternity leave, there now exists an opportunity for a senior finance professional to join the business and add significant value to funds under management.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Private Equity Accountantr will lead the funds finance team in preparing and issuing:
- Annual fund Limited Partnership financial statements and liaising with auditors
- Fund quarterly reports and capital accounts together with ad hoc investor requests
- Quarterly portfolio company valuations including being a member of the valuations committee
- Fund key financials for the LLP board and Investment Advisory Board
- Drawdown and distributions for Limited Partners
- Annual general meeting and supervisory committee materials
Furthemore, the Private Equity Accountant will also oversee cashflow management for funds and investment transfers, manage external advisors (including fee negotiations), maintain accounting records and the fund reporting system, as well as management and development of the funds finance team. The position requires a high-calibre individual who has strong leadership, interpersonal skills, is detail orientated and possesses excellent technical knowledge. The candidate will have prior experience of private equity fund accounting and structures, leading a team and reviewing others work, together with reporting to Boards.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Chartered accountant with relevant PQE
- Prior experience of private equity fund accounting and structures preferred
- Prior experience of preparing Limited Partnership financial statements
- Analytical thinking and ability to challenge others work
- Strategic thinking in relation to cash management and impact on fund performance indicators
- Experience of dealing with external advisors
- Strong interpersonal skills, Self-motivation, drive and resilience
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Excellent IT skills with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
Applications are welcomed from candidates with experience of auditing/working with fund management clients, as well as candidates working inhouse in either a funds, private equity or venture capital business. If you meet the above criteria and would like to work in a meritocratic environment, please get in touch immediately. Please note, as this is a maternity cover post, only candidates who are immediately available or on a short notice period (1 month or less) can be considered.