See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses’ and to our own.
The Enterprise Security Platforms department is part of Core Infrastructure, providing security (against insider threat, cyber-attacks) to all lines of business across Morgan Stanley. In the role you will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to influence design, build and roll-out of security solutions that deliver the company’s security vision and strategy.
The Endpoint Security Product Manager will be responsible for managing the implementation and co-ordination of Endpoint Security products, including the products design, rollout and adoption. The product manager will be responsible for managing strategy and requirements gathering with key internal clients and for partnering with engineering on delivery. Key products include Antivirus (SEP / Microsoft Defender), Disk Encryption (SEE / Bitlocker), Tanium, Avecto Defendpoint and MCAS.
- Stakeholder engagement including Technology Risk control owners, infrastructure teams, application development and Security Architecture
- Manage new demand and ensure new requests are reviewed and prioritized appropriately
- Requirements gathering for individual projects aligning to regulatory and Policy compliance
- Identify and work with engineering and operations to close gaps in existing product portfolio applying new solutions or if necessary introducing new requirements
- Align expectations, minimize churn and avoid incomplete solution delivery
- Product life-cycle management including roadmap maintenance, publication and communication
- Work closely with engineering to ensure Jira backlogs are prioritized and what is built matches requirements and strategy
- Drive continuous improvement across products, e.g. work closely with Operations that any operational themes are being addressed
- Develop product adoption materials and drive adoption
- Manage dependencies within and outside of the product portfolio.
- Partner with engineering and operational teams on continuous process improvement e.g. Agile adoption
- Partner with engineering to manage vendor relationships to ensure roadmap collaboration, SLA management and ongoing communications to influence strategic product planning.
- Develop, manage and customize effective KPIs and metrics
- Providing transparency into product TCO and cost allocations
- Inform budgets and assist engineering and operations in resource planning Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or greater in Computer Science, Engineering or another technical discipline preferred.
- Solid technical background with experience of working with and influencing engineers and developers to deliver software or infrastructure
- Experience of typical product management functions such as roadmap development, requirements management, prioritization, client engagement, strategy development, etc.
- Proficiency in Windows enterprise desktop management; Linux experience desirable
- Experience of endpoint security products and vendors such as Antivirus, Disk Encryption and EDR.
- responsibility within Cyber-security or related technical field. Knowledge of security fundamentals, ideally CISSP or equivalent
- Experience of Agile working practices
- Experience with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client-focused mindset and attitude including the ability to negotiate with senior business stakeholders
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AO1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.