As a Barclays Quality Control Leader you will be responsible for defining the implementation of Quality Control (QC) across Group Financial Crime Operations (GFCO), and driving consistency in the QC framework across all operational areas in GFCO. This is a pivotal role as the processes undertaken in these operations are heavily regulated meaning that effective operation of QC as a preventative control is of the utmost importance.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Working across GFCO ensuring that preventative controls within the QC framework adapt effectively to reflect the evolving regulatory framework
- Taking responsibility for the designing and executing of all preventative controls within the QC framework
- Working with members of the GFCO leadership team to identify and manage emerging risk and to revise QC preventative controls as required
- Proactively contributing to and advising on the operating models across Screening, Transaction Monitoring and the PEP and High Risk Customer Hub
- Coordinating the reporting and MI of all QC controls across GFCO and ensuring timely participation in the Monthly Quality Forum
- Developing close working relationships with the Quality Assurance teams, and working together to ensure that a holistic Quality Framework is in place
- Acting as an escalation point and point of contact for the Business aligned control teams
- Supporting the identification of Quality Control issues and themes including managing the resolution of audit and other BU control issues
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of Operational Risk & Controls and/ or audit in a highly regulated business environment
- Practical knowledge of internal controls, including the development and maintenance of appropriate framework and related MI/ KRIs
- Experience of banking and financial services preferably in a Financial Crime role
- A good understanding of Financial Crime regulations and policies (AML, Sanctions, PEPs and Anti-Bribery and Corruption)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A seasoned influencer with excellent negotiation skills in complex situations
- Stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence others positively
- A motivated, high-performing individual
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.