Job Title: Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Location: Glasgow Initial 6 months contract
Job Title: Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance
Initial 6 months contract
- The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Associate will be responsible for performing various activities related to the validation of the companies regulatory liquidity reporting, including the FR 2052a and Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR).
- They will work to promote completeness and accuracy of regulatory reporting data quality by independently validating processes and controls from transaction capture through to global regulatory reporting.
- Products subject to review may include deposits, loans, secured financing transactions, Prime Brokerage activity, and other debt and/or equity instruments.
- Design programs to test controls to ensure they are working as designed by reviewing documentation, meeting with management to discuss the business processes, and observing general business operations.
- Perform data analysis to identify anomalies or issues in the testing of controls
Identify the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluate management action plans to address deficiencies.
- Document internal activities, identified issues, and conclusions to assist the team with reporting to the stakeholders.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and seek out ways to improve the process
Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to quality and methodology standards, including incorporating real-time feedback from supervisors.
- Take initiative to consider and recommend problem resolution to the team and manager
Continually seek to learn through asking questions, getting exposure to new opportunities and training sessions.
- A bachelor's degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline, supported by 3+ years' work experience, preferably in financial services or in a public accounting firm
- Prior audit (external, internal and/or SOX) experience ?Experience working in the financial services industry and have an understanding of CCAR, Basel, Liquidity and/or other regulatory reporting
- Strong documentation skills including the audit scope, test papers and issues that may arise
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity
- Strong communication skills including presentation and written skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
- Proven ability to quickly assess problems, identify effective solutions, and focus on what matters most
- Possesses keen attention to detail and able to manage time efficiently
- Seeking a candidate who is positive, proactive, engaged and open to new ways of doing things
- Ability to work within a team and to collaborate with peers and leadership to create effective solutions to validation issues
- Experienced with testing and assessing remediation plans
- Financial services and/or product knowledge