Our company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk.
The role will reside within the Finance Division, under the Finance Risk and Assurance group, specifically into the group's Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance team (RRQA). The Finance Risk and Assurance group is represented in our Glasgow, London, New York, Tokyo and Hong Kong offices performing an oversight, governance and execution role in relation to the Finance division in support of the firm's operational risk programs and objectives. The group interacts across all areas of Finance, Firm Operational Risk Department, the Front Office, Internal Audit as well as Operations, providing accurate risk reporting across Finance whilst furthering the risk management culture and infrastructure. The RRQA team within this group sits in the New York, Glasgow and Mumbai offices
- The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Associate will be responsible for performing various activities related to the validation of regulatory liquidity reporting, including the FR 2052a and Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR).
- They will work to promote completeness and accuracy of regulatory reporting data quality by independently validating processes and controls from transaction capture through to global regulatory reporting.
- Products subject to review may include deposits, loans, secured financing transactions, Prime Brokerage activity, and other debt and/or equity instruments.
- Design programs to test controls to ensure they are working as designed by reviewing documentation, meeting with management to discuss the business processes, and observing general business operations
- Perform data analysis to identify anomalies or issues in the testing of controls
- Identify the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluate management action plans to address deficiencies
- Document internal activities, identified issues, and conclusions to assist the team with reporting to the stakeholders
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and seek out ways to improve the process
- Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to quality and methodology standards, including incorporating real-time feedback from supervisors
- Take initiative to consider and recommend problem resolution to the team and manager
- Continually seek to learn through asking questions, getting exposure to new opportunities and training sessions
- A bachelor's degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline, supported by 3+ years' work experience, preferably in financial services or in a public accounting firm
- Prior audit (external, internal and/or SOX) experience
- Experience working in the financial services industry and have an understanding of CCAR, Basel, Liquidity and/or other regulatory reporting ?Strong documentation skills including the audit scope, test papers and issues that may arise
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity
- Strong communication skills including presentation and written skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
- Proven ability to quickly assess problems, identify effective solutions, and focus on what matters most
- Possesses keen attention to detail and able to manage time efficiently
- Seeking a candidate who is positive, proactive, engaged and open to new ways of doing things
- Ability to work within a team and to collaborate with peers and leadership to create effective solutions to validation issues
- Experienced with testing and assessing remediation plans
- Financial services and/or product knowledge