Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Senior Manager
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Nov 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
Global Corporate Controllers and Planning (GCCP) is the global centre of expertise and leadership for accounting, compensation, policy, reporting, financial risk and control. The Finance Divisions Risk and Information Security and Control team (FinRISC) within GCCP is represented in our Glasgow, London, New York, Tokyo and Hong Kong offices performing an oversight, governance and execution role in relation to the Finance division in support of the Firm's operational risk programs and objectives. The group interacts across all areas of Finance, Firm Operational Risk Department, the Front Office, Internal Audit as well as Operations, providing accurate risk reporting across Finance whilst furthering the risk management culture and infrastructure.
- Conducting walkthroughs, assessing the internal control environment by performing controls and substantive testing
- Validating transaction capture through regulatory reporting processes and assessing the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs and performing control and sample data testing
- Analyzing identified issues for their impact on capital and other upstream and downstream processes or systems, as well as escalating these issues.
- Cultivating relationships across the Finance organization with key constituency groups, such as Regulatory Reporting, Product Controllers, Operations, Treasury, Technology, Credit Risk, and Market Risk.
- Drafting recommendations and liaising with the business units to remediate risks, findings and gaps identified during the validation process
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting project progress to Senior Management
- Leads the professional development of staff
- Prior experience in a line role or supporting a finance or reporting function
- Ability to organize and present data in a meaningful way, including analyzing and summarizing detailed information from various sources
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work within a team and to collaborate with peers and leadership to create effective solutions to validation issues
- Ability to create and manage detailed project plans including managing interdependencies
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking
- Proactive and recognized as a leadership role model, consulted often by others for advice and opinions
- Prior audit or consulting experience
- Understanding of the Basel Framework and/or regulatory reporting
- Experienced with testing and proposing remediation plans
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3