See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile:
Technology Risk's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TR team partners with the business by ensuring that the Technology division understands how to manage escalate and monitor risk. Glasgow Profile:
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant. Key Responsibilities:
- Delivering and operating the objectives of the global control testing (ITCT) and assessment (TCA and NAC) programs
- Providing program project management support and delivering regular management reporting on progress and key program timelines
- Provide central coordination for ITCT/TCA/NAC program related Archer development activities, including submission, tracking and testing of program enhancements/releases
- Providing support to the ITSOs for completion of TCA assessments, including holding training sessions and providing guidance.
- Perform QA analysis of TCA assessment results and track/manage follow ups with ITSOs for completion.
- Provide support of NAC assessment scoping activities, perform PMO function in tracking/reporting of operational activities and analysis, and provide support over MCR triage assessment activities.
- Provide administrative support for maintenance of sharepoint sites/JIVE/shared drive and other team resources Qualifications: Required Skills:
- Working knowledge of key Technology and Information Security concepts e.g. data classification, protection,
policies, governance, privacy, security assessment tools
- Risk and Control Knowledge: Understanding of key concepts related to risk assessment, controls and testing
- Analytical Thinking: Engages in process-based thinking to effectively obtain, analyze and interpret information, identify root causes of problems, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Communication: Clearly, completely and concisely communicates ideas and adapts style and content of communication appropriate for the audience
- Influence: Gains support and buy-in from others in order to motivate them to achieve business goals and objectives
- Technology: Working knowledge of technology applications and infrastructure (e.g., server, network, platform desktop environment) and ability to identify and validate risk and controls
- Builds and sustains relationships: Builds and maintains networks of relationships and effectively leverages them to achieve work-related objectives
- Organization: Exceptional organizational skills; a high degree of attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Drive: Self-starter with an ability to be proactive
- Operational Risk Knowledge: Understanding of relevant local technology risk regulations and the associated application to a financial services business
- Process/Risk/Control Frameworks, e.g., COBIT Desired Skills:
- Business/Product Knowledge: Familiarity and experience with financial services and the processes related to the marketing, selling and trading of securities, derivatives and/or commodities in the financial services industry is a strong plus, but is not required.
- Industry certificatons such as CISA, CISP, CISM, CRISC or CGEIT Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-FM1