Senior Developer - Fund Services Technology - Vice President
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Fund Services business provides various services to Hedge Funds like Investor Accounting, Portfolio Accounting, Analytics, Reconciliation etc. Fund Services Technology team builds and maintenance software to help Fund Services Business to meet their business goals. Fund Services functionality is a core area of Prime Brokerage business which makes Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage business special compared to other banks. Fund Services is currently one of the expanding area in Prime Brokerage and huge investments are made currently in IT to expand the business. Fund Services Technology team currently have 100 plus software developers located in New York, Mumbai and Bangalore, now looking to expand the technology team in United Kingdom. The team in Glasgow will be sitting close to the business users and will be working closely with the users in all aspects of the SDLC. Glasgow team will be the first fund services team in United Kingdom and there will be plenty of opportunities to grow the team into bigger team. The IT management team encourages use of new technologies and follows best practices of SDLC.
We are looking for a Senior Java developer who can take ownership for the whole end to end delivery, performing analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of large-scale and distributed applications. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team lead and is likely to have significant experience in application architecture, design and development, a strong technical background and good communication skills. He/she will interact directly with the users and with other technologists across the firm when using their framework/software.
- Server/UI side development
- Work with projects team and business to understand the requirements, doing the analysis and coming up with project plan.
- Design the architecture and participate in the implementation of the project
- Build functionality in an iterative fashion with full unit and integration tests for each function.
- Continuously improving the quality of our systems and code base via best practices including code reviews and refactoring where necessary
- Lead and mentor the team.
Skills required (essential):
- Experience in the following technologies: Java 8, Databases (Sybase preferred), Middleware (Messaging/RESTful services)
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Programming and familiarity with Design Patterns
- Hands on experience multithreaded systems
- Experience of iterative / agile development practices
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels
- Agile development practice
Desirable skills :
- HTML5, Angular and other web related technologies.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2