Senior Java Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with driving the technical direction of a cornerstone application that used across multiple business areas. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
You will be working in the Securities Processing Asset Record team based in Glasgow and will be involved in full stack development. As part of the team you will be responsible for developing the core platform as well as collaborating closely with stakeholders to deliver features to meet their business requirements. The team will work as a self-organising group leveraging Agile practices with a focus on continuous improvement. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
The role will require the use of the following personal qualities and soft skills:
- A proven track record in hands on delivery of high quality software, ideally in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one more programming languages (preferably Java) with an emphasis on writing high quality, clean code.
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets and frameworks
- Experience of OO design techniques
- Experience with horizontally scalable and highly available system design and implementation, with a focus on performance and resiliency
- Experience with pub/sub messaging (AMPS, Kafka etc.)
- Exposure to distributed caching technologies (Gemfire, Hazlecast etc.)
- Exposure to Web front end technologies (HTML5, ReactJS, AngularJS)
- Experience in digesting and understanding business requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
- Good analytical skills for effective problem solving
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for development of technical solutions to address business problems
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Good communication skills
- A drive to build high-quality resilient solutions
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.