Service Now - Data Management Lead - Glasgow
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Service Now - Data Management Lead - Glasgow
The IT Service Management Program is a cross-LOB initiative to provide a single integrated platform to manage core IT Service Management processes and tasks. The program team will be based predominantly in Bournemouth and New Jersey and will partner with the selected vendor to deliver the program.
The role of Data Analyst within the Core Product Team will be responsible for supporting the mobilization and implementation of a single integrated IT Service Management platform across all of Global Technology. Working closely with the Core Product Team Data Management Lead, the successful candidate will play a key role in: Helping to define overall data architecture, data models and control of core reference data for Service Now product; Mitigating and resolving data related risks and issues; Partnering with vendor and other technology groups to support delivery of agreed data model; Ensuring data architecture and data elements will support agreed reporting requirements, are in line with the TDM program principles; and ensuring that the Technology Production Logical Data Model (LDM) and Critical Data Elements are maintained.
To be successful in this role the candidate must be prepared to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment delivering a first class product which will exceed all client expectations. You must enjoy creating and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders. You'll be someone who loves to make things happen, has excellent planning, communication and engagement skills, be someone whom is passionate about innovation and driving change and can operate at the highest level. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team managing a strategic program impacting all Lines of Business.
This role will closely support the activities of the Core Product Team Data Management Lead. Specifically:
- Helps define overall data architecture for the Service Now product
- Helps define the logical data models for all in scope processes / Service Now modules
- Supports the definition and control of core reference data which will be defined and maintained within the Service Now product
- Contributes to the management and resolution of data-related issues and risks
- Partners with the Service & Technical Architecture team to ensure the data model is delivered as part of the overall service and technical architecture
- Partners with required the vendor and other technology groups required to support the delivery of the agreed data model
- Helps to ensure the data model is aligned with the TDM program principles
- Helps to ensure Technology Production Logical Data Model (LDM) and associated Critical Data Elements are maintained for in scope processes
- Supports Data Management Lead to ensure data architecture and associated data elements for in scope processes are capable of supporting agreed (firm wide) reporting requirements
Experience / Qualifications
- A proven change agent with experience of supporting complex change initiatives impacting organizational culture and working practices
- Working experience of data modelling tools and practices, e.g. ERwin, MagicDraw
- An eye for detail and tenacity in understanding data and data sources
- An ability to challenge the status quo, and so help avoid lifting misunderstood or stale data into the strategic solution
- Experience of engaging with and managing a varied level of relationships - strong interpersonal and relationship management skills - able to engage with all levels of the organization and rapidly develop effective working relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Confidence in creating strong partnerships and building influence with key stakeholders within and external to technology
- Functional expertise in IT Service Management disciplines and/or the Service Now product
- Strong technology background with experience of both development and support organisations, ideally within global financial institutions
- Strong team player - extensive experience of working in and influencing global teams across multiple regions and countries, enabling a 'one team' culture and a positive working environment, respecting the cultures and capabilities across locations
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly broker solutions and resolve conflict situations
- Experience of enterprise class applications and experience and hands on knowledge of both waterfall and "Agile" ways of working.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran