Software Engineer -Java
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proven track record in coding in an Object Orientated Language environment. Experience with Java-based microservices is desirable.
- Experience in using Web Services, including REST services using Dependency Injection and ORMs.
- Proven track record with databases - relational or a NoSQL.
- Experience using testing strategies such as TDD and BDD, including knowledge of Mocking frameworks
- Experience with designing and building solutions to run 24x7 in a client-facing environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of SCM and CI tools such Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven
- Experience of microservices architectures and cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry would be ideal
- Experience of working in with agile methodologies.
- Experience managing assignments effectively, multi-tasking, and working within tight deadlines
- Strong client-service orientation and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in order to provide solution on complex enterprise level and multiple inter-connected/inter-dependent applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders globally.