Software Engineering - Java
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- A proficiency in Java, with any experience in Angular, Oracle, SQL, Mongo, Python beneficial.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
We want our developers to be building new and innovative solutions which will extend the new Instrument Master platform. As such, we have a wealth of competent programmers in our team. Most of our current developers are proficient in Java as their main language. However, there's plenty of Angular, Oracle SQL, Python and even some shell scripting to get your hands on.
All our developers work as part of self-organising, cross functional Scrum teams. We have 9 feature teams across the globe so good communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a large scale team are essential for our developers.
Cloud technology and all the opportunities it brings to scale and develop our system is part of our future, so we want someone who has the mindset to get us there by growing our SDLC process. Continuous Delivery pipelines, a RESTful micro service architecture and deploying to the cloud are all part of the fabric we want to build on for the future of Reference Data in JPMorgan.
With such a large scale team and multiple high value projects to deliver the code base we work on can be daunting at first. If you're not put off by such a task and want to grow your Refactoring, TDD, CI and other Best Practice development techniques then there will be plenty of opportunities to do so.