Software Engineering Lead
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Software Engineering Lead
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you ' ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Background in and experience of writing code in an object oriented language, ideally Java or Python
- Experience of leading software development teams and partnering with other teams to deliver excellent enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of p ublishing and consuming REST APIs and designing scalable systems with RESTful semantics
- Understanding of CI/CD practices including build pipelines, automation and TDD
- Expertise in messaging and/or eventing products e.g. RabbitMQ, Qpid, Kafka
- Solid Agile experience leading teams with Scrum or Kanban, scalable Scrum an advantage
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for creating great customer & user experience, Google Analytics desirable
- Interest in Domain Driven Design, Model Driven Architectures, and related methods
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms including: CloudFoundry, DCOS/Marathon/Mesos, Kubernetes
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you ' ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You ' ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you - and the products you deliver - will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you ' re not just working at a global financial institution. You ' re an integral part of one of the world ' s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we ' re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you ' re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.