The role holder will have overall accountability for managing specific elements of the current & future performance of one of the group's strategic 3rd party suppliers providing services to Barclays. In addition may also be accountable for managing other (operational) suppliers and, in some instances, a number of regulators & internal suppliers
Overall purpose of role
- The role holder will have overall accountability for managing specific elements of the current & future performance of one of the group's strategic 3rd party suppliers providing services to Barclays.
- In addition may also be accountable for managing other (operational) suppliers and, in some instances, a number of regulators & internal suppliers.
- All elements of agreed cost, service, risk, regulatory requirements to be achieved.
- Will support the development of the service & supply relationship in line with Group strategic priorities, generating value for both parties.
- Will be the primary contact for clients and supplier for all matters relating to day to day BAU service / operational performance and elements of variation / delivery of strategy.
- Rigorous control of demand and robust cost centre management to be undertaken as required
Supplier Performance Management
- Act as the key point of contact for the supplier regarding service performance ensuring accurate demand forecasts are provided in line with contractual agreements, monitoring and reporting performance metrics as required.
- Define and deliver a value adding service improvement plan to ensure delivery of 'best in class' service to the group, setting challenging but achievable targets aligned to agreed business requirements.
- Proactively manage the relationship with internal clients (and external where applicable) to define and agree robust business requirements and demand profiles with clear cost, service & risk metrics.
- Perform performance reviews with the supplier / clients to ensure visibility of the service performance, providing a forum for the escalation of any issues.
- Ensure all regulatory / industry requirements are clearly articulated and delivered.
- Proactively identify, mitigate & manage the service & supplier risks, undertaking all required risk / rigor activities, maintaining fully tested controls & business continuity plans.
- Manage the relationship with regulators and industry bodies.
- Undertake resolution of all operational issues which impact (or have the potential to impact) service performance, taking steps to avoid reoccurrence.
- Undertake rigorous financial control, managing the budget to ensure financial targets are achieved.
Strategy & Change Management
- Support other functions within Barclays (as appropriate) in the development & delivery of the service & supplier strategy.
- Contribute towards the commercial / contractual debates with suppliers ensuring that the BAU service performance elements are appropriately recognized.
- Ensure stability of the service is maintained during periods of change. Provide rigorous control around the acceptance of change into the BAU service / supplier.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Contribute towards the development of a market leading service & supplier management capability.
- Deputise for the Category Lead as required.
- Demonstrate motivational leadership, building role model working relationships with team, leading by example.
- Set and articulate clear business goals and objectives, ensuring these are clearly communicated & understood.
- Provide coaching, support & feedback to develop individual & team performance.
- Demonstrate the Core of Barclays and Guiding Principles
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
The successful candidate should have background in Service or Supplier Management disciplines and have experience working with 3rd party suppliers and managing a team of colleagues. In addition, the candidate should have strong personal development and relationship building skills with the ability to generate value through continuous improvement and working closely with stakeholders.
The candidate should also be agile and adaptable and have the ability to be flexible in picking up additional responsibility to support the team
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the services being delivered
- Understanding of Barclays (or industry equivalent) service, supply, cost, risk methodologies
- Financial disciplines; managing demand, forecasting, budgetary process
- Managing performance of large / strategic 3rd party supplier
- Generating / delivering value from 3rd party sourced arrangements
- Leading & developing a team
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Industry / market knowledge of the sector
- Knowledge of Barclays business areas, key priorities & challenges
- Understanding of cost, risk & service parameters