Technical Business Analyst
- Based on experience
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Glasgow Technology Centre
The role is for an experienced business analyst in a core CRM & Data Warehouse platform team servicing the CIB banking business. This is a terrific opportunity for a high energy individual seeking broad exposure to the business within a high performing technology group. The role will have significant connectivity with the Front Office Business and support teams. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in project management & business analysis, an ability to solve complex data problems and a good level of SQL knowledge.
- Work with the business to analyse and understand business requirements and review/produce technical and business specifications with a focus on business intelligence and application management
- Driving requirements through user due diligence and sign off
- Guide application development teams to ensure the new data requirements are understood and are implemented as per specification
- Create business process and data models to ensure the development team understands the data structures and business requirements for using those structures
- Develop good working relationship with stakeholders in multiple regions.
- Work on multiple projects across several teams concurrently
- Ability to multi task and change priorities quickly, including the ownership of support requests and project delivery concurrently
- Working closely with the business and technical groups ( Level 1 + 2 support teams) to troubleshoot, understand and resolve issues
- Test case validation & user acceptance test case writing
- QA co-ordination (including personal testing time).
- UAT Co-ordination and Deployment management
- First Class communication and presentation skills
- Able to "think on their feet"
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior people
- Excellent documentation & MS Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with documentation / issues tracking tools such as Jira.
- Must possess very strong data analytics skills and knowledge of query languages (SQL, PL/SQL etc.) in conjunction with experience of Data Warehouse & Data Marts
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Must be able to challenge requirements to improve them
- Well rounded and detail focused technologist with innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to translate effectively between clients and developers
- MUST have a proven track record in Business Analysis / Project Manager experience
- Must have worked as an end user client facing business analyst
- Must have worked on BI platform (Data Warehouse. CRM / reporting) solution design through client problem statements and not just requirements notation.
- Must have experience of the full SDLC's
- Must have experience in both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran