Technical Business Analyst
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Mar 19
Technical Business Analyst
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
As a technical business analyst you will be part of the global team delivering new capabilities on strategic Intraday Liquidity & Risk applications employing high performance Java and Big Data technologies. In this role, you will partner with the line of business to identify their requirements, whilst working as part of a wider team to plan the project deliverables, conduct User Acceptance Testing, and implement the specifications. You will be part of a scrum responsible to contributing to user story creation, prioritisation.
• Work with Business and Technical Architects on detailed requirements analysis, use cases, logical data models to support the strategic delivery of global intraday liquidity program requirements.
• Define detailed Use Cases in collaboration with business partners.
• Define Agile Stories to consumption by global agile development and test team.
• Support remote teams of developers to deliver to these working functional capabilities.
• Interact with other teams within the bank to ensure project is successful.
• Drive User Acceptance Testing working with the Business test teams.
• Provide UAT / L3 support - Analyzing logs, Validating data etc.,
• Pick up developmental work on data visualization tools such as Tableau.
The Business Analyst will provide strategic and tactical support by identifying, analyzing, and interpreting data in order to provide actionable information and creative solutions. In order to conduct effective analyses, candidates must possess strong problem solving skills. The analyst must have the ability to research and resolve issues independently but must possess a team player mentality in order to work effectively in supporting Management while interfacing with several lines of business and project stakeholders.
• Experience in Business/Data Analysis
• Experience with standard business modelling techniques, such as cross-functional process flows, use cases, wireframes, and UML
• Functional understanding of data modelling and relational database design concepts
• Data modelling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the organization including senior management
• Able to multi-task with ease including a demonstrated track record of delivering multiple concurrent complex technical projects on time
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent documentation and presentation skills
• Independent worker used to delivering on-time without direct oversight
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to build rapport and influence change.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work and solve problems independently and excel in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
• Experience working within big data and/or reporting