Technology Strategy and Business Service Lead
The Platform Services group is responsible for defining, developing, engineering and operating Platform-as-a-Service products consumed by our Application Development Partners across the firm.
Platform Services is a part of the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) organization and GTI is responsible for delivering and maintaining an industry-leading technology infrastructure to J.P.Morgan's Global Technology group.
In Platform Services, our teams are designed to accelerate GTI's transformation into a customer-centric software provider of consumable platforms. Our Product Portfolio includes Private Cloud Platforms and a wide range of services such as databases, messaging and telemetry.
This role sits within the Strategy and Business Service (SBS) team of Platform Services. The Strategy & Business Services Team oversees day-to-day business operations and strategic programs focused on providing foundational structure and accountability that enable Platform Services to deliver world class products. The role will typically require partnering with the Leadership team, Product Owners and technologists to ensure streamlined activities within the Platform Services organization, with a focus on creating group-wide and executive communications, performing analysis to support decision making, developing processes and tools to support consistent management practices, supporting selected change management and governance programs, supporting culture initiatives, etc.
The ideal candidate will be from a technology background and will be a highly motivated individual with strong communication and analytical skills, experience of interacting with and presenting to senior management, the ability to develop relationships with all levels across all lines of business and corporate functions, and a desire to learn the Technology operating model. Key Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Creation of monthly and ad-hoc Executive Reporting and presentations including materials for Operating Committee
- Partner with Product Owners to identify critical milestones which should tracked as part of Senior Executive reporting, provide updates on critical milestones and ensure timeliness, quality and accuracy of program updates/reports presented/submitted to senior executives and regulators
- Identify, document and communicate key project risks and process gaps to appropriate stakeholders
- Drive real results and benefits through proactive risk and issue management/escalation and identification of cross program dependencies
- Partner with the Product Owners to maintain the Product Materials which is available to our technology clients and maximize the power of other opportunities to showcase our products to our technology community such as Technology Open Forums
- Execute various analysis, understand and report key business metrics, synthesize information into actionable insights to help solve complex problems and influence business and communication strategies
- Support the implementation of a forward-looking, efficient, decision-oriented governance structure and operating model
- Prepare management materials and collateral to support business decisions
- Assist with daily operations of the organization through collaboration with senior management performing an array of tasks including planning and coordination of Leadership Team Offsites, All-Hands Meetings
- Partner with the Platform Services Leadership team and our Product Owners on the definition and execution of our location and resource strategies
- Assist with Talent Reviews, Skills Gaps and Training Needs analysis and other career development initiatives for the group
- Complete ad hoc projects and represent Platform Services for selected GTI wide forums and initiatives as needed
- Assist with Business and Technology resiliency activities for the group such as Call Tree Tests as required
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to the organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement initiatives to drive growth/efficiency
- Document clear standards and guidelines to ensure successful and consistent execution of initiatives
- Partner with Finance and Business Management to support program budgeting and planning and finance tracking as needed
- Bachelor's degree required (Technology)
- Technical background and in-depth experience of working in a variety of technology roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with senior management
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships and establish strong partnerships
- Experience with business process improvement/re-engineering
- Experience in cross-functional teams and ability to influence people at a variety of levels
- Proven experience organizing and directing people across various teams and departments
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Experience in a large fast paced environment leveraging strong communications and analytical skills coupled with good business acumen
- Organized, detail-oriented and proactive "self-starter"
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability and desire to take on increasing management responsibility and project ownership
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & C. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.