Trade Transaction Reporting Ops -Associate (Part time)
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Part time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defense for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing myriad functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives.
The Transaction Reporting team sits within the ISGPO Trade and Transaction Organisation and has the responsibility for ensuring that Morgan Stanley fulfils its transaction reporting obligations across multiple jurisdictions and asset classes, in partnership with Technology, the BU and LCD.
The team is going through a second phase of expansion against a backdrop of increasing regulatory scrutiny and change across the industry. It is a challenging, demanding and dynamic space.
This Associate role will reside within team and will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of the transaction reports. There is also a requirement to centrally coordinate, manage and control this process across vendor and other geographical locations to ensure regulatory reporting issues are addressed on a daily basis. Given the changing regulatory landscape, IT priorities are aligned to areas of maximum exposure, and Operations are receiving the necessary rule guidance and interpretation from Compliance to support new and existing requirements.
Specifically the successful candidate will:
- Manage a high performing team and vendor who is responsible for highlighting, analysing and remediating regulatory reporting issues relating to the accurate and timely reporting of transactions. The individual will be responsible for coordinating across multiple stakeholders at senior levels (IT Line operations and Compliance) to undertake the appropriate remediation steps
- Manage a vendor responsible for conducting cyclical sample testing of reports sent to regulators and validation testing of targeted data sets
- Supervision of MSIP functions performed at near shore and vendor for transaction reporting processes
- Liaise with multiple Operations line teams to provide guidance and support for transaction reporting across various asset classes
- Ensure there is adequate knowledge and support for transaction reporting across all asset classes within Operations, Business Units and clients
- Help with the delivery of training on the transaction reporting system and documenting and maintaining a standard set of policies and procedures
- Monitor transaction reports and regulatory reporting issues and ensuring that product areas are actively resolving outstanding exceptions for their areas on a daily basis
- Follow up on regulatory reporting issues or questions submitted by Operations teams and seek guidance from Compliance where required
- Escalate issues and control breakdowns to Operations management, Compliance and IT where appropriate
- Review system entitlements and controls
- Knowledge of different asset classes
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, including interfacing across all levels at Vendor and MS
- Ability to provide updates to senior management appropriately
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to partner with colleagues across functions and lead effectively across geographical boundaries
- Strong experience of MS Office (Excel, Power Point and Viso)
- Strong Functional knowledge of operations and trade life cycle
- Familiarity with Transaction Reporting regulation rules and requirements
- Familiarity with Morgan Stanley Operations systems, processes and frameworks
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM3