Trade and Transaction Reporting Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defense for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing myriad functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives.
Trade Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) within ISG Production Operations has responsibility for ensuring that Morgan Stanley fulfils its reporting obligation in specific jurisdictions by partnering with teams across Operations, Tech and Data and Legal and Compliance.
The team is going through a second phase of expansion against a backdrop of increasing regulatory scrutiny and change across the industry. It is a challenging, demanding and dynamic space.
TTRO is supported by its own Production Support team which partners with Operations Run the Bank (RTB) and Change the Bank (CTB) teams, Transaction Reporting IT and Legal and Compliance. The primary responsibility will be supporting the implementation of new regulatory requirements, ensure that requirements for enhancing existing regulatory reporting controls and systemic remediation requirements are captured recorded accurately and that testing is thoroughly planned and executed. This will involve liaising with primary stakeholders including Compliance, Technology and Operations teams.
This role is a key part of the production support function for Transaction Reporting. Key Functional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Impact analysis for all new reporting functions for new products
- Impact analysis of new or changes to existing regulatory rules
- Work with team to identify the prioritisation of enhancement work for remediation of exceptions, confirming requirements are known and understood by CTB/IT and assisting with implementation
- Work with Production team, technology, CTB and Compliance to develop business requirement documents for system changes
- Assist with the Implementation of regulatory or business-driven change (including process design, training and handover to the production team)
- Perform gap analysis on process and procedures to identify control enhancements
- Draft test plans, execute user acceptance testing and co-ordinate testing inputs
- Support global TR Initiatives
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, including interfacing across all levels at Vendor and MS
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to design and implement creative and flexible solutions to problems.
- Ability to co-ordinate efforts with IT support to enhance functionality of existing technology platforms
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to partner with colleagues across functions and lead effectively across geographical boundaries
- Strong experience of MS Office (Excel, Power Point and Viso)
- Strong Functional knowledge of operations and trade life cycle
- Familiarity with Transaction Reporting regulation rules and requirements
- Familiarity with Morgan Stanley Operations systems, processes and frameworks
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM3