IFRS Consultant - Insurance Finance
- Apr 23, 2021
Our client, a global consulting firm is looking for a contractor at Senior Manager level to join the Insurance team to deliver on IFRS 17 Projects. Job Title
: IFRS Consultant - Insurance Finance Location
: London, Surrey or UK Wide Home based Employment Type
: Interim 9-12 months (opportunity for permanent)
Our client, a multinational firm with a global presence is looking for exceptional performers at Senior Manager level to join the Insurance team to deliver on critical IFRS 17 Projects.
You will have a strong knowledge of life insurance accounting and be a good all-round team player with a proven track record in building and sustaining client relationships. You should be ACA qualified (or equivalent) and have experience of managing finance change programmes or assisting clients with accounting advice. Your new role
This role will be specific to IFRS 17. They are looking for a contractor to come on board for an initial 9-month interim role. We are looking for an experienced finance expert with a strong background in the insurance market.
This is not a reporting or operational role but will instead leverage existing technical and operational accounting knowledge and reporting experience to play a key role in the development of ICT's global finance solutions. The role will also support teams on a variety of projects and sales initiatives by providing accounting knowledge to complement the deep actuarial knowledge within ICT. What you'll need to succeed:
What you'll get in return
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of the operational and reporting processes within Insurance finance teams - especially relating to Life business
- Strong understanding of IFRS 17 and other financial and regulatory reporting standards as they relate to insurance - knowledge of standards and practical issues
- Understanding of the IT infrastructure of finance within an insurance business including GL, sub GL, AREs, and reporting dbs.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues
- Comfortable in sales and business development situations
- Experience of dealing with actuarial teams
Flexible, remote working options available. You will have the opportunity to work on a global implementation project within different jurisdictions. You will also have strong exposure to a growing business within a growing industry. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.