- JN -102023-1950048
- Nov 07, 2023
We are currently looking to recruit a Media Relations Manager to work for a fantastic company based in Guildford town centre!!!! APPLY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER GUILDFORD CIRCA £35,000 PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS
The Media Relations Manager plays a key role in the Communications Team. You are likely to be a first point of contact for incoming media requests as well as being responsible for proactive outreach to the media to support the overall PR objectives of the organisation. As such, you will need to be experienced and confident at handling media enquiries, dealing with journalists, and also comfortable pitching stories, feature ideas and opinion pieces. DUTIES
Skills and Experience
- Develop a media plan including strategy, goals and tactics (within an overall comms budget for 2023/24)
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media - a focus in 2023/24 is thought-leadership and 'owning' our segment of the legal industry
- Coordinate all public relations activities, supported by a Communications Co-ordinator, a Content Writer and access to freelance support when needed (within budget)
- Support the social media strategy to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media - a focus for 2023/24 is national business profile, ideally in the Financial Times and Sunday Times Business among others
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests and prepare briefing material as required
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and other PR assets
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a regular basis
- Evaluate opportunities for PR partnerships on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders and strategic partners to grow industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting our consultants and the wider legal industry, and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Proven working experience in public relations required, ideally in front-line media relations role
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships, or the ability and tenacity to build them quickly, with local, trade and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Media event planning experience
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.