Credit Analyst - Hayward's Heath
- Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom Haywards Heath England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Credit Analyst - Hayward's Heath
Credit Risk Analyst
At a glance The Credit Risk Management department is part of the Risk Management department and is engaged in the following processes:
- Analysing and approving submitted credit proposals and revisions;
- Challenging submissions where appropriate with a view to ensuring that the business line not only adheres to the 3LOD (3 lines of defence model) but also secures and maintains a moderate risk profile which may include meeting with clients and proposing alternative solutions when needed;
- Training / achieving a high and consistent level of credit risk assessment within both external & internal sales resources;
- Advising business partners about credit structures (including complex HLT's highly leveraged transactions and structured products).
- Training and overseeing the development of more junior risk colleagues;
- Initiating, challenging, testing and revising credit policies.
- Monitoring the credit portfolio in an autonomous and proactive way and being capable to take all appropriate initiatives towards the management of AAL in order to preserve the interests of AAL with regard to the portfolio;.
- Being an expert and point of contact within the Credit Risk Management department for a certain expertise (e.g. rating model).
- Being able to take up responsibilities in problem files or in the negotiation or structuring of deals.
Uses the credit proposal and any additional information to analyse the risk. Makes a recommendation on this, in line with the credit policy, in order to present the most comprehensive credit proposal for approval.Approval of credit proposals
Approves credit proposals within delegated decision powers.Signed proposals, contracts and term sheets
Checks and signs proposals, contracts and term sheets, within delegated decision powers, ensuring that the contract is correct and complete.Audits
Assesses whether lending to the customer is responsible and in line with the audit, so that the credit can be restructured in good time if necessary.Knowledge and recommendations
Transfers knowledge on business and market analysis, lending and assets to colleagues and, using his/her experience and vision of Credit Risk Management, advises them so that they can perform their duties more professionally. Your working environment ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Lease, Commercial Finance and Clearing.The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on the client's success. We want clients to perceive us as trusted, professional and ambitious - our core values.At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Capital Market Solutions - Sales & Trading, Clearing and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Commercial Finance and Leasing
- Good first degree or equivalent work experience gathered within risk function.
- Experience in a similar position.
- Proven financial industry working experience.
- Knowledge of leasing market and products and activities.
- Experience in structuring of deals.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- Advanced understanding of financial ratios and business principles and strong analytical skills with an ability to question assumptions.
- Advanced knowledge of credit analysis and lending/leasing functions.
- Advanced knowledge of typical equipment finance and bank products and services.
- Good/strong Risk knowledge.
- Competencies to include being highly motivated and ambitious, with high energy levels and ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively. An eagerness to learn and self-develop. Solution driven and can-do mentality and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Back to search results