2020 Global Technology Apprenticeship Programme - Broadlands Business Campus, near Horsham
Who we're looking for
If you've just finished school or college, and gained A-levels or BTECs, and you're not sure that university is for you, then our Service Desk Analyst Apprenticeship Programme provides you with a chance to take the first step in your career and earn while you learn.
We're looking for someone who gets a real buzz out of technology, has a mind for problem solving and a flair for providing excellent customer service.
You'll be part of our new Technology Operations Centre with a growing team and new ways of working. So we want someone who is eager to learn, loves a challenge and is able to handle working in a fast paced environment.
You will get hands-on experience with the different technologies we use, find out how an IT service desk runs in a business like Schroders as well as working towards your ITIL V4 qualification.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our new Technology Operations Centre (TOC). It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we want inquisitive individuals who are eager to ask questions and get involved with the team.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
Our Service Desk
Schroders has just implemented a new Service Desk who head up the front lines of the IT Service teams. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and quick responses to our users.
To achieve this goal we have hired people who have great interpersonal skills, implemented new modern tools and follow a shift left mentality which allows us to automate as much as possible.
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team. Our team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends.
What you'll do
As a Schroders apprentice, you will spend 20% of your time working towards achieving the ITIL V4 qualification; the rest of your time will be spent working with your team and gaining the skills you need to build your expertise. Some of the tasks and projects you'll be involved in are:
• Gaining hands-on experience with monitoring our IT network infrastructure using different tools and technologies and understanding how an IT service desk operates in a business like Schroders
• Working with a variety of people from across IT Services including Network, Security, Storage, Servers, and Applications on end to end projects
• Take responsibility for your very own Business Project on an area you're passionate about and personalised to your career goals
• Providing excellent customer service to users and clients
• Learning from highly experienced members of staff, and gaining the experience and knowledge required to become a great service desk technician
• You will learn how to resolve any incident that is raised by a user
• Hands-on experience with Request management, which can range from deploying an application to a users machine to creating a shared mailbox
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• You'll have at least 96 UCAS points and be 18 years old by Monday 7 September 2020 to apply for the 2020 intake
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Any experience in providing excellent customer service in any industry
• A Technology/ IT qualification at GCSE or equivalent
• An understanding of the latest news and changes in Technology
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you'll be like
• You'll be an ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
• A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you'll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
• You'll be flexible and eager to learn - how we work in the new IT hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt and work with others well
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Please note we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
Start date: Monday 7 September 2020