Asset Servicing Specialist - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our Asset Servicing team to handle the identification and creation of corporate events on our internal systems. You will ensure authorised decisions are received from investment and be responsible for the generation and execution of Corporate Action instructions to custodians and other third party contacts. Additionally you will be responsible for the timely and accurate update of Corporate Action movements.
The team covers all markets in EMEA and the Americas and a range of asset classes including but not limited to equities, bonds and CFD's.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Identification and scrubbing of new event sources from multiple custodians and data vendor;
• Creation of the Corporate Action composite record within our system including aligning options across multiple custodians;
• Ensure event details are available to investment within agreed timescale;
• Manage authorised Fund Manager decisions on elective events;
• To reconcile holdings between Custodians and Schroders Systems, resolving or escalating any differences;
• Prepare instructions for authorising and subsequent despatch to Custodians in an accurate and timely manner;
• Ensure instructions have been successfully sent and any non-default instructions are confirmed as received;
• Booking of stock and cash entries where required;
• Management of compliance warnings on securities during the lifecycle of corporate events;
• Manage and meet all deadlines by keeping up to date with the progress of events;
• Meet all deadlines and ensure procedures and controls are fully adhered to;
• Ensure full documentation is kept in files in accordance with procedures and timely closure of events;
• Escalate potential problems before they become a risk;
• Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients;
• Investigation into and resolution of stock and cash breaks arising from event bookings;
• Provide cover where required across the team;
• Ensuring key criteria and in-scope events for all transition activity has been identified and actioned;
• Running of daily reports used to monitor workflow and mitigate risk; and
• Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department initiatives and projects. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience within a global Corporate Actions team;
• Experience with Equities, Bonds and CFD's;
• Good understanding of the end to end Corporate Action processes for Mandatory and Voluntary events and the impacts on business partners and clients;
• Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis; and
• Awareness of the risks associated with Corporate Actions with a proactive approach to preventative measures. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle; and
• Prior experience of Aladdin What you'll be like
• Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
• Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.