Custodian Oversight Specialist - Broadlands Business Campus, near Horsham
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our Custodian Oversight team responsible for the management and development of external counterparties service provision to Operations teams.
You will be responsible for performance monitoring external counterparty service provision ensuring adherence to SLA's and service benchmarking across our Custodian counterparts encompassing all asset classes.
You will also partner with internal & external stakeholders to understand, plan & communicate industry and regulatory changes impacting Operational teams.
Someone to act as a point of escalation for the Operations teams to take ownership of issues and manage them to satisfactory resolution with counterparties. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Ongoing service monitoring/benchmarking of Custodians across securities, FX & derivative products;
• Manage the escalation and resolution of key operational and strategic issues;
• Point of escalation for all internal staff and external counterparties, including clients;
• Host counterparty service review meetings, document & communicate service gaps, work to resolve within agreed timeframes;
• Attend counterparty/industry seminars;
• Be familiar with industry regulatory landscape across all asset classes. Openly communicating existing regulations internally as well as ongoing ad hoc changes;
• Provide general back-up support for other team members;
• Support for authorised signatory lists;
• Push counterparties to provide service capability improvements, documenting all instances;
• Perform ad hoc data gathering exercises with external counterparts on behalf of all internal teams;
• Document and maintain procedure documents, introducing new documents when the need arises; adapting existing procedures as and when needed;
• Identify and recommend improvements to existing ways of working; and
• Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department initiatives and projects. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Prior operational experience gained within Financial Services Operations;
• An understanding of the operations functions custodians perform on behalf of an asset manager for a mutual client account set;
• Basic understanding of all major aspects within a specific field of Financial Services Operations;
• Excellent communication with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels;
• Must possess good interpersonal skills and/or written skills. Ability to explain relatively involved concepts in a clear and concise manner to others within the organisation;
• Able to maintain a friendly and open attitude that encourages continued high levels of interaction by all Schroder employees with the Oversight team; and
• Ability to self manage current and future workload, proactively communicating progress to management on an ongoing regular basis. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Wider experience in Asset Management Operations and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle; What you'll be like
• Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
• Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.