Reconciliations Lead Specialist 1 - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for Reconciliation subject matter experts to join our Reconciliations team in ensuring the integrity of custody and cash position data is maintained within our internal systems through our daily reconciliation processes. You will ensure the complete reconciliation, investigation and allocation of all breaks are completed within set SLA's and deadlines. You will be assisting the manager with the oversight and management of clearance of all breaks within the function.
As a lead specialist you will be able to handle the most complex issues throughout their lifecycle working with a number of operational teams as required until resolved.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
A good people manager with responsibility for supporting the management and development of some of the Specialists within the team. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Assist manager on planning, prioritising and managing workloads across the team;
• Assist manager in managing the oversight for resolution of reconciliation breaks ensuring full escalation where required;
• Collate daily, weekly and monthly MI reports, ensuring timely distribution to stakeholders;
• Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and timely follow up of queries arising from internal stakeholders, clients, counterparties, custodians and administrators;
• Perform custody transaction and position reconciliation against internal records;
• Maintain ownership of daily cash and stock breaks by conducting investigation on differences, and monitoring through timely resolution with processing teams and custodians/administrators;
• Perform outstanding OTC bilateral collateral and outstanding position reconciliation, outstanding fixed deposit positions, between internal and counterparty records and monitor through breaks resolution in a timely manner;
• Validate and update internal records with relevant transactions, such as fees and income;
• Work through high volumes, prioritise, and manage workload according to risk or deadlines;
• Assist Manager to review and update procedures, implement improvements and enforce stringent controls;
• Meet all deadlines and ensure procedures and controls are fully implemented;
• Escalate potential problems before they become a risk;
• Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients;
• Provide cover where required for the Manager;
• Assist the manager on people performance and appraisal and enforce policies;
• Develop Specialists in the team to achieve team and business goals;
• Provide training on areas of specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects; and
• Provide regular feedback to the Manager on individual's performance. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Prior experience in reconciliations / investment accounting;
• Familiar with equities, fixed income and derivative products desired;
• Proficient in basic software including Excel;
• Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks; and
• Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Asset Management qualifications i.e. IOC or IMC;
• Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle; and
• Prior experience of Aladdin and Tri-Optima. What you'll be like
• Good management skills with the ability to develop people;
• Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
• Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.