Service Desk Shift Leader - Broadlands Business Campus
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an IT Service Desk Shift Lead who thrives on helping others give the best possible technical service.
We've got a new site, new teams, and new ways of working. So we want someone who can build, lead, support and coach their team. You'll challenge your team members to fix our internal customers' problems quickly. And you'll help them work together with other teams to deliver great service all the time.
You'll be on the frontline - busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure your team have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. It's home to our EMEA Operations and Technology Operations hub.
It has the same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. The team
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cuttingedge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team.
We know that helping you balance personal and professional commitments is a big part of that, so we're open to flexible working. Our team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends. What you'll do
• Lead and coach your team members to be superb first points of contact for our internal customers
• Make sure we're consistent around the world, by working with your peers to hand over, follow through and fix internal customers' problems and to improve common processes and controls
• Produce governance packs to report management information on progress and risk, and present your proposals for improving customer satisfaction, effectiveness and efficiency
• Nurture great problem-solving, by coaching your team members to listen to customers' questions, understand what's gone wrong, work out the right approach for them and fix their problems
• Encourage team members to capture and share the right information about customers' issues in ServiceNow
• Help your team members to work with 2nd and 3rd service line experts on complex or high-risk problems
• Own the team's issues, by sharing skills and insights, encouraging them to work with other shifts and teams, following up on unresolved incidents and communicating progress
• Manage the team's resources and workload to prioritise and sort out customers' problems according to our service level agreement and shift patterns
• Keep improving the team's service, by gathering and reporting suggestions for raising first time fix rates, improving customer satisfaction and reducing risk
• Keep up to date with changing security requirements
• Uphold our standards, processes and policies The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Strong service desk experience
• Experience of understanding customers, managing incidents and meeting business expectations
• Management and coaching experience
• Experience of processes to keep improving service
• Experience of maintaining a great service across different time zones
• Good with Microsoft-based operating systems, especially Windows 10
• Experience of the Microsoft 365 suite
• Experience of security tooling and of protecting networks that link to client devices The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge, experience or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• Certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent
• A degree-level qualification in a computing or technical discipline What you'll be like
• A motivating, challenging and supportive leader and coach
• A great problem solver with the knack of coaching others to do the same
• A really good communicator - great at listening, persuading, influencing and negotiating
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• A real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible and willing to learn - how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.