Trade Settlements Lead Specialist 1 - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for experienced trade operations Subject Matter Experts to join our trade settlements team to support the Manager of the team in delivery of the team's responsibilities. You will be ensuring that our equity, fixed income, Repo, FX and Unit Trust trades are managed through to settlement and that any settlement issues or fails are pro-actively dealt with and resolved. Additionally, you will support the investigation and resolution of any interest claims that may arise.
As a lead specialist you will be able to handle the most complex issues throughout their lifecycle working with internal and external stakeholders as required.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
A good people manager with responsibility for supporting the management and development of some of the Specialists within the team. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Support the Manager in delivering accurate, timely, compliant and cost effective trade processing services; Ensure processes and procedures are in place to:
o Identify, record, investigate and resolve trades failing to achieve market settlement by contractual settlement date.
o Record, investigate and resolve trade related interest claims and report any associated costs to senior management in a timely manner.
• Perform function in line with established business controls;
• Provide administrative, transactional based support to others involved in the task of fund / portfolio management;
• Support external client queries and ensure that they are investigated and responded to within agreed timelines;
• Provide cover where required for the Manager;
• Assist Manager to review and update procedures, implement improvements and enforce stringent controls;
• Escalate potential problems before they become a risk;
• Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients;
• Assist the manager on people performance and appraisal and enforce policies;
• Develop Specialists in the team to achieve team and business goals;
• Provide training on areas of specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects; and
• Provide regular feedback to the Manager on individual's performance. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Prior experience gained in a Trade Management function within a Financial Services Operational team supporting equity, fixed income, Repo, FX and Unit Trust asset classes;
• Good market knowledge and understanding of local market regulations and settlement processes;
• Experience of managing, negotiating and resolving interest claims;
• Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks; and
• Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Asset Management qualifications i.e. IOC or IMC
• Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle. What you'll be like
• Good management skills with the ability to develop people;
• Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
• Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.