Head of Global Security
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Horsley, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Title: Head of Global Security Department: Corporate Property Services Location: Kingswood Fields with travel to global locations required Reports To: Head of Corporate Property Services Salary: Competitive Posting Date: 18th May Closing Date: 14th June
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at www.fidelityrecruitment.com/europe/about-us
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation - Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity - Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence - Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment - We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration - We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus - We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we're quick to respond. We're respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
The Corporate Security team is dedicated to the protection of employees, information, equipment and property and works hand in hand with the Corporate Services & business teams.
Purpose of your role
- Providing risk management related expert advice in order to mitigate the potential risk to residual level for business continuity purposes.
- Providing timely updates to the senior leadership team in the event of global terror, weather, environmental or other risks that may impact either the life safety of any FIL staff or any of our premises or operations.
- Providing advice and making arrangements to support the evacuation or relocation of staff in hostile or threatening environments.
- Undertaking regular reviews of existing FIL Global assets and any related risks and recommend risk mitigation measures as required.
- Developing excellent relationships and partnership globally with our internal and external customers and business partners.
- Ensuring the implementation of a robust, resilient business continuity process and that risk and crisis management services are delivered in partnership with the global business continuity teams.
- Developing detailed project plans and managing activities to agreed timescales.
- Training, developing, managing and implementing a comprehensive and efficient collaborative Security programme.
- Carrying out intelligence gathering, analysis and action, including detecting and deterring any illegal or unusual activity, which could have the potential to affect the interests or the reputation of the organisation.
- Maintaining regular contact with the relevant management teams, security vendors and peers in the other organisations, as appropriate.
- Managing project initiation, including creating project teams and agreeing resource and budget details.
- Providing proactive professional security advice to support business's travellers and to monitor their location and wellbeing in the event of any security incident.
- Conducting research projects to identify new products or applications to benefit the business.
- Carrying out periodic security site audits across the business globally and suggesting appropriate risk mitigation measures.
- Carrying overall management responsibility for the entire Security team, with managers supporting them in this regard.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Significant experience of global security operations in large multi-national organisations
- Experience preparing future project capital and operational expenditure planning and management.
- Detailed understanding of contemporary threats as well as response and crisis management
- Proven experience in process and location strategy from business continuity perspective.
- Good knowledge of security engineering or security technology / automation.
- Exceptional technical understanding of access control systems, CCTV systems and intruder and other similar security systems.
- Proven experience of leading multi-skilled, geographically disperse teams of security professionals, developing capability and ensuring that team members are up to date with the most relevant developments in the security industry