Platform Partner Business Development- Senior Manager
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Horsley, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Platform Partner Business Development - Senior Manager
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. We are a privately owned, independent company, with the commitment and resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
The Platform Partner Team is responsible for managing the collective investment ranges available to the customers of our retail platform channels and the UK and Irish life companies for Workplace Investing. Combined, these channels have over £75bn of AUA in fund assets, with £56bn of this in non-Fidelity managed funds from over one hundred difference manufacturers.
The team manages all aspects of our relationship with these investment providers including contracts, commercial terms, SLA performance, billing escalation and management of a broad range of other related issues. In addition it manages our asset range governance framework and processes including investment vehicle and investment provider due diligence. The team is also responsible for negotiating commercial terms for non-Fidelity funds accessed by our FIL multi-asset fund range.
Through working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders the team is continually looking at how it can negotiate better terms for our customers and secure greater efficiencies for our business. This includes driving synergies across the FIL group internationally where similar functions exist.
Purpose of your role
At Fidelity International, our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future and the provision of robustly managed and governed third party investments is key to this.
The Senior Manager role sits within the Platform Partner Business Development function of the Platform Partner Team and reports to the Associate Director for this function.
The role is responsible for coordinating and managing the take-on process for all new platform partners who will distribute their funds through Fidelity's UK platform businesses. Currently these platforms are FundsNetwork, PI, UK Workplace Investing Platform and the Multi-National Life Company. The team have the responsibility for managing the list of prospective platform partners and aiding the individual business channels in their prioritisation for launch, overseeing the due diligence for those providers where there is agreement to launch, contractual and commercial negotiations and the implementation of the launch. The team is also required to act as an escalation point on any operational issues encountered during the launch process as appropriate.
The role holder will need to execute strong commercially focused negotiation skills with drive and tenacity with the purpose of ensuring that we can support the relevant channels in their increased demand for new assets joining the platform thereby supporting delivery of a first-class service to our customers.
The candidate will need to ensure that launches are managed in both an effective and timely manner. This will include covering all aspects of the launch process from initial conversations to the post launch handover. It is essential that deadlines for launch are met,
The role is key to ensuring strategic growth across the channels and its key focus is to ensure that the pipeline of growth opportunity through prospects is converted into assets on the platform with a continued focus on maintaining the relationships for growth
This is a broad role and will involve working closely with many internal teams including: Sales, Compliance, Legal, Risk and Oversight Committees, Propositions, Operations and Fund Partner Relationship Management and other Senior Stakeholders. Externally the candidate will need to interact with the sales, legal and operational functions at each Fund Partner.
Finally, the role holder is expected to represent Fidelity externally with prospective platform partners
- To be the face of Fidelity's platform businesses with prospective platform partners
- To negotiate commercial terms with new platform partners on the platform
- To help the relevant teams prioritise new fund groups for launch
- To manage the end to end launch process for platform partners joining Fidelity's platforms
- To be the subject matter expert for reference by any governance and oversight committees in relation to Platform Partner launches
- To answer any queries regarding platform partner launches from internal stakeholders
- To act as the escalation point for all platform partner launch issues
- To make full use of all appropriate tools used by the team and ensure that accurate notes are written and stored in the CRM system to enable the ongoing relationship management of the platform partner once launched
- To carry out a post measure the success of each launch and assets obtained and feed this back to the business
- To work closely with the Governance and Services team to identify changes needed to the due diligence process in order to ensure that we remain both compliant and ahead of industry standards for service and customer outcomes
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- An ability to communicate to all levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience of legal and commercial contract negotiation is preferable
- Working knowledge of investments specifically funds and platforms is strongly desired
- Strong partnership, collaboration and influencing skills and comfortable working with all levels of an organisation
- Highly organised and efficient with a "can-do" attitude and ability to manage many tasks simultaneously and to prioritise work appropriately to meet tight deadlines without compromising attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, hard-working
- Have a flexible attitude to work and a positive an adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Gravitas is a must as the candidate will represent the organisation internally and externally
- Open, honest, a good team player, but someone who can manage themselves and who is accountable, and can be trusted
- Experience of dealing with compliance and understanding of regulatory impact
- Excellent skills in using MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and specifically PowerPoint