Senior Manager - Platform Partner Relationships
About the Platform Partner Team
The Fund Partner Team is responsible for the on-boarding, upfront and ongoing due diligence and commercial negotiations and day to day management of the Platform Partners, ETFs and Investment Trust providers, The team manages these third party investment vehicles which are made available to customers of our retail platform channels and life companies that are used for our Workplace Investing (WI) proposition. Combined, these channels have over £75bn of AUA in third party assets, with £56bn of this in non-Fidelity managed funds from over one hundred different asset manufacturers.
The multi-channel nature of this approach offers a unique way for the right individual to gain an insight into a number of Fidelity's customer channels such as Personal Investing (PI), FundsNetwork (FNW) and WI as well as the investment team via the Multi-Asset Group.
The role sits within the Platform Partner Business Development team which forms part of the Platform Partner Team.
Purpose of your role
This is a high-profile role and requires an individual to work closely with senior internal and external stakeholders across all areas of the business. The role is responsible for managing all commercial aspects of our existing relationships with a identified list of partners across FNW, PI and WI. This includes upfront due diligence negotiating contracts, and commercial terms.
The role requires the individual to work closely with the other team the Platform Partner Team namely Platform Partners Governance and Services team. Other areas the individual will work closely with include PI, FNW and WI, Sales and Propositions teams, Operations, Compliance, Legal, risk, Customer Services, Global Pricing Group and other key stakeholders; building and maintaining solid relationships with these groups and the role requires flexibility to work from alternative offices such as Cannon Street and Oakhill when needed.
Your key accountabilities
- To manage existing partner relationships in the UK, with accountability for maintaining successful ongoing commercial relationships with these groups
- To negotiate commercial terms with new platform partners on the platform working with all internal teams as required
- To hold quarterly formal reviews with their top 10 providers, with annual reviews for their remaining accounts, covering all aspects of the relationship but ensuring regular communication with their key accounts is maintained at least monthly
- To identify potential new funds/ Investment Trusts and ETFs for existing asset manufacturers through liaison with internal fund selection teams and client, IFA and consultant feedback
- To ensure that Fidelity's market share with the fund groups is maintained in line with our leading platform status, through helping to drive sales and identifying opportunities to work with the groups in the UK and across FIL.
- To define and manage joint business plans for all partner relationships as required
- To represent Fidelity views across all Partner relationships, and ensure that the views of the partner relationship is represented within Fidelity
- As a senior member of the team to represent the team on projects as required,
- To support the channels strategic propositions i.e. Select 50
- To develop Fidelity's understanding of the providers' product range, senior management team, organisational structure/ culture as well as the latest developments, in terms of the product range with the group
- To act as an escalation point for all operational and invoicing issues with the provider
- To maintain Fidelity's presence in the market by attending key industry forums and events
Your skills and experience
- Excellent relationship building skills with high energy levels and resilient temperament
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communicator, both internally and externally at a senior level with strong ability to negotiate as well as influence
- Resourceful individual with strong intellectual curiosity and consultative approach to business
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to plan and organise multiple tasks to a very high level
- Flexible and positive attitude - with "can-do" approach, a self-starter that "can think on your feet"
- Delivery and results focused with a strong commercial awareness
- Operates under pressure with confidence and conviction
- Demonstrates good judgement skills by anticipating consequences of actions and weighing multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Stays current with the financial services industry as well as developments, regulations and trends.
- Understands and uses management information data in order to achieve results
- Understanding of industry trends and current issues
- Understanding of Retail and DC platforms including mutual funds, life funds and pension solution
- Proven track record of presentation skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Good appreciation of PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
- An understanding of the FNW, PI and WI business
- Good working knowledge of Fidelity front and back office operating systems
- Good analytical skills with understanding of investment management