Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
Asset Services currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Arrears Officer to join our growing organisation. As part of Asset Services, we manage regulated and unregulated mortgages on behalf of lenders and investors. We act as Primary, Special and Master Servicer across a range of products among the Commercial, Residential and Buy to Let markets for a range of clients from new lenders to institutional investors from our base in Ipswich.
Your role as an Arrears Officer is to proactively manage residential mortgage accounts that are in arrears by ensuring collection and litigation activities are carried out in accordance with regulations.
On a day to day basis you will communicate with customers primarily by receiving incoming and making outgoing calls to understand circumstances, take payments and discuss options to find the best outcome for the customer. You will analyse customer documentation including bank statements and Income and expenditure forms to ascertain potential solutions for the customer and respond appropriately.
Treating customers fairly is at the forefront of all customer contact and regular assessment and monitoring is completed to ensure the customer is treated in line with these principles and that any arrangement plans that are set up are appropriate and affordable.
• Taking inbound and making outbound calls from customers in arrears
• Manage caseload of borrower accounts that range from Day 1 arrears through to litigation
• Ensure the Teams Service Levels are met and be a contributor to that achievement
• Analysis of customer information to understand what the best outcome is for their circumstances
• Corresponding in writing to customers not available by telephone
• Liaising with third parties, Solicitors and Field Agents to instruct activity in line with policies and procedures
• Ensure all standards are achieved in line with client expectations of quality, productivity and performance
• Contribute to identification of improvement opportunities be influential in the finding continuous improvement possibilities to enhance our service to our customers and clients
• Excellent communicator at all levels - both verbal and written
• Experience in using Microsoft Office packages
• Effective time management skills - to manage caseload to meet deadlines
• Reasoning and Mathematical skills - in order to calculate affordability and assess circumstances
• Attention to Detail - Recording of information must be accurate, factual and professional
• Minimum of Grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English, or equivalent
• Previous experience within the Mortgage/Collections industry preferable
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…