Senior Business Analyst
- Kingswood, England, United Kingdom Kingswood England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Fidelity International is an asset manager serving investors in all corners of the world outside North America. It was established in 1969 and manages all significant asset classes for institutional and retail investors in long-term savings products. Fidelity and its subsidiaries employ over 5,400 people in 23 countries managing US$255.9 billion worldwide.
Fidelity invests heavily in technology to support the business needs. A key element of the FIL technology roadmap is a continuing programme of work to transform the existing data architecture and reporting offerings.This programme provides a firm foundation to allow the business to meet its growth aspirations moving forward.
This is a key role within the Global Business Operations Technology team, responsible for the expansion of the core FIL data hubs and reporting capabilities to all business areas globally. This team aims to replace legacy systems, reduce the tactical solutions and manual processes across the business and introduce a core set of data hubs, data marts and reporting solutions to service the front, middle and back office operations.
Purpose of your role
The role requires a skill set that encompasses the full spectrum of business analyst activities through the project life cycle but with a particular attention on data analysis, data workflow, reporting and end user data support. The role is client facing and will require excellent relationship management and communication skills to ensure a superior service to our clients is maintained.
The position will be based at Fidelity's Kingswood office near Reigate in Surrey. As the business users are located in multiple locations, including Asia, some limited overseas travel may be expected (one to two week segments).
Your key accountabilities
This role is for a Senior Business Analyst who can understand complex business and data issues and has the ability to define and support a data architecture and efficient data delivery service layer. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with the business community, seeking agreement on the allocated projects. The successful candidate will have aspirations for the on-going continual improvement & deployment of Business Analyst best practices & standards.
- Planning and organisation of business analysis on projects throughout the project lifecycle to agreed timescales and budgets
- Capture & clarification of business requirements, in particular data and reporting requirements, through a range of analysis techniques
- Project management of small to medium projects.
- Analysis of data, reviewing and resolving discrepancies and drawing conclusions from the analysis.
- Supporting data recipients in their use and understanding of the data available through the data service layer
- Providing direct input into project timelines, estimation, action plans & risk management procedures whilst providing sound delivery approaches to meet business needs
- Acting as a proxy customer with the development teams, facilitating open communication between the customer & development team
- Driving & reviewing test scripts for both system integration and user acceptance. Driving user acceptance criteria with the customer
- Interact & work with third party partners and suppliers as required
Your skills and experience
- Proven business analysis experience within an Asset Management or Investment Banking environment with a track record of successful implementations & strong business relationships
- Strong experience in implementing strategic data architectures, data warehouses, data marts, business intelligence and reporting.
- Strong experience in business process re-engineering, analysis, user requirement gathering, gap analysis, cost benefit analysis, workshop facilitation & business case development
- Solid understanding of data governance and data quality.
- Proven project management experience across all phases, from concept, inception through to production.
- Strong experience working on all phases of the IT systems development life cycle, including an Agile methodology.
- Delivery and results focused with the ability to work in a challenging environment
- Sound technical understanding and the commercial acumen to exploit IT for competitive advantage
- Strong customer awareness & business support focus
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, documentation, facilitation & presentation skills
- 3rd Party asset management vendor application experience
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Experience using Appian, Oracle Business Intelligence or other similar vendors would be advantageous
- Practical experience of working with agile/dynamic software development methodologies e.g. DSDM, XP
- Experience of working to a recognised quality methodology e.g. ISO 9000, CMM, PRINCE2, SSADM