As a Barclays AWS Cloud Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join an exciting new venture within the Digital Banking sector. As part of the programme, you will be responsible for the successful delivery and management of the Architecture and Design process and the role will be the ideal challenge for anyone looking to lead a team within the Cloud migration Infrastructure.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the architecture and design process for one or more application Cloud migrations to AWS
- Building the automated provisioning and deployment of Cloud infrastructure, services and applications
- Ensuring all resiliency, observability, supportability, security and operational readiness requirements are met
- Extracting common practices and standards to support Corporate Digital Banking and contribute to the wider Barclays AWS migration efforts
- Implementing DevOps best practice, pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to ensure we align to Barclays development and automation standards
- Acting as a Cloud SME's and point of contact and escalation for application teams
- Contributing to the migration strategy and drive the best value from the Cloud
- Coaching and mentoring the wider team
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of using AWS services and delivering Cloud solutions at scale
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using AWS CloudFormation and CHEF
- Demonstrable experience of DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus
- Understanding of systems and applications associated with Cloud such as UNIX, Windows, Storage, Middleware, Networks, Security, or Systems Management
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Scripting experience using PowerShell, Perl, Ruby or Python
- Exposure to working within a controlled environment such as banking and financial services
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Relevant AWS certification
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.