Data Migration Project Manager
- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom Knutsford England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Data Migration Project Manager - Contract - Knutsford
Overall purpose of role
Project Manager to lead the application / data migration work in Zimbabwe. To establish relationships with BBZ and the buyer's (FMB) teams and create a clear scope and plan for migrating data to FMB's new CBS system Finacle. The role will also be to assist in structuring and establishing governance in the wider programme. This will potentially involve occasionally deputising for the Programme Manager in their absence. The role requires experience of Barclays and its Policies and Procedures. It will require deep project and programme management experience in both application / data migration, business change and also knowledge of infrastructure.
- Definition of clear project delivery plan for the Application Workstream comprising Application Rebranding, System Data Migration (Core Banking Systems, Non Core Systems, Archive Data)
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Application Workstream projects within the Zimbabwe separation Programme to plan, budget, and agreed quality and governance standards. The role typically requires managing at least three complex projects simultaneously.
- Manages project teams engaged throughout the full deliver lifecycle delivery of projects supporting the Zimbabwe separation strategy from initiation, requirement analysis, design, build, testing, implementation, and closedown.
- Manages and co-ordinates projects, their interdependencies, and associated risks and issues, escalating as appropriate to the Zimbabwe Separation Programme Manager.
- Controls the scope of projects, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
- Ensures project resource plans are maintained and met and that appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
- Actively manages and challenges supplier resource models where appropriate.
- Ensures projects meet the desired requirements of Accountable Executives and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan.
- Ensures that all project or programme status reporting is accurate, informative, and timely, and directly provides progress reports to the Zimbabwe Separation Programme Manager at agreed intervals.
- Responsible for constructing and managing the P&L and Cash budgets for a number of projects within the Zimbabwe Separation Programme Portfolio.
- Ensures projects being managed are compliant with relevant governance methodologies (e.g. iCompass / SDLC / Agile and Navigator).
- Manages the hand-over of products and services delivered by projects being managed to the relevant operational functions. This includes ensuring appropriate awareness, training, and user / operational acceptance testing has been conducted.
- Ensures projects being managed are compliant with the central ePMO function's directives, initiatives and change handbook.
- Delivers effective communications and manages relationships with key programme stakeholders across the business area and technical community, ensuring continued buy-in to the portfolio projects.
- Demonstrates the Barclays values consistently and acts as a positive role model for members of the Zimbabwe Separation Programme Management team to emulate.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Demonstrable expertise in managing complex business and technical projects of strategic significance.
- Previous track record of project management experience.
- Strong experience of project mobilisation, initiation, and planning in addition to management of established programmes.
- Experience of managing business change/transformation challenges.
- Experience of defining and managing projects utilising MS-Project and ability to manage delay impacts, resource over allocation, etc.
- Strong management skills with evidence of managing teams across a range of disciplines and locations.
- Demonstrable record of managing million pound plus programme budgets effectively, and delivering within budgetary constraints.
- Fully up to date with developments in individual area of expertise and will be expected to keep abreast of emerging technologies and potential for application within the Bank.
- Ability to negotiate and solicit engagement at all levels of the organisation and strong experience of working with senior stakeholders (up to and including MD level).
- Experienced at implementing or managing risk management processes and tools; actively seeks ways to understand, mitigate, or reduce risks, drawing on expert advice, risk assessment, and management reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and influencing skills able to work with Executive committees, senior stakeholders (incl. CIO, COO and CISO) and 3rd party vendors in contract discussions.
- Integrity and trustworthiness in order to maintain the team's reputation and standing.
- Strong problem solving ability to address new situations and efficiently handle any incidents which may arise.
- Working knowledge and experience of managing programmes of projects delivered using Prince2, Agile or PMI
- Proven track record of working in the Financial Services Industry.
- Demonstrable security awareness and understanding of security in the broad business context.
- Formal external qualification/accreditation to Prince2 or PMI methodologies and in addition some level of ITIL Service Management experience.