- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Your Role To support the management of multiple component teams in the delivery of software releases for one applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle through the use of internal & 3rd party resources.
To support the management of multiple component teams in the delivery of software releases for one applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle through the use of internal & 3rd party resources.
- To build and maintain good client relationships, working closely with project managers to ensure effective delivery within the required project timescales and budget.
- To build and maintain good stakeholder relationships in line with the stakeholder map.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with teams across the organisation, assisting in the effective delivery of applications into the production environment.
- Liaise with project managers, keeping them updated on release progress against milestones, risks and issues
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with Technology team(s) to ensure changes deliver to time, cost and quality measures.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships in line with the stakeholder map.
- Be the visible point of contact for the release
Support the Planning, coordinating and supervision of all activities related to the design, development, testing and deployment of a quarterly release for an application product
- Supporting role of scoping, planning, budgeting and forecasting of a release
- Supporting role in the managing of approved budgets and commitments related to the release.
- Ensure that all governance, risk policies, procedures and compliance policies are adhered to.
- Support the assigned lead engineer(s) to deliver technical strategies for the application components and ensure that change projects are designed and implemented using the agreed approach
- To maintain a resource forecast that matches the aggregate demand profile.
Delivery and Supplier Management
Manage all resources (designers, developers, testers, etc.) across an application / product
- Follow the appropriate resourcing model to help deliver on cost targets
- Ensure the effective development of robust, effective application / product changes for all projects within a software release.
- Manage aggregate change control and configuration management for any application / product releases.
- Ensure that suppliers are provided with necessary support relating to Barclays systems, technologies, strategies and standards, to enable the supplier to successfully undertake their assignment.
- Review supplier deliverables ensuring that they meet the necessary standards and contractual agreements. Escalate internally if supplier is failing on commitments.
- Awareness of project management methodologies, e.g. RUP, CMMi, Prince II, PMI
- Visibility of software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
- Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
- Formal qualification in area of specialism, e.g. Prince II, PMI (beneficial AND Understanding of IT systems and functioning
- Must demonstrate effective communication with management, peers, and subordinates, both verbally and in writing.
- Aptitude to learn tools/apps/processes/domains and proficient in test management methodologies and practices
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.