What will you be doing?
• Leading and supporting a team who will be designing, assessing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems like Public Cloud platform
• Developing effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks including automatic problem detection and mitigation
• Being involved in every aspect of the platform from the earliest stage of product architecture, design and development to deployment
• Doing performance analysis to ensure a reliable quality product in production
• Designing and building tools to observe and manage a rapidly growing number of products and services
• Taking initiative to do what must be done in order to keep critical systems operating
• Performing general Cloud service, OS, Web/Application server, database configuration, installs, automation
• Participating in on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment
What we’re looking for:
• Comprehensive software engineering skills in at least one language, including coding, testing and deployment
• Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of AWS Cloud environments
• Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops visualisation tools
• Understanding of Operating Systems, the TCP/IP stack, network routing and load balancing
Skills that will help you in the role:
• AWS Certified to Associate level
• Intermediate-level Python
• Ability to create and debug Jenkins Declarative pipelines
• ITIL Foundation Certificate
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.