Technology Specialist (IPCenter)
- Pension, Healthcare, Life assurance
- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Software Engineer(Automation and Scripting) Location: Barclays,Cheshire Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits Start: ASAP Ideal skills: Automation, Scripting, Linux, a passion to learn new technologies including Artificial Intelligence Technical Specialist Overall purpose of role: The Technical Specialist will perform an important role in the Business Technology Service Operations (BTSO) team, being responsible for the implementation, maintenance, adoption and maturity of the monitoring and automation tooling.
Software Engineer (Automation and Scripting)
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Ideal skills: Automation, Scripting, Unix, systems administration
- Code, develop, test, and deploy automations.
- Work through client requests and implement creative automation solutions via innovative coding and programming practices
- Leverage internal and client SMEs to gather details and requirements in order to implement or enhance automation.
- Repair impacted automations to ensure higher levels of autonomic success
- Help build global consistency by developing against internal software standards
- Drive higher levels of autonomic resolution and diagnostics through continual refinement of automation.
- Follow function and processes to drive automations to production implementation.
- An understanding of ITIL (MSP) operations and systems administration
- Experience in Unix, Windows, TCP/IP, DNS, Apache, basic network troubleshooting
- Moderately strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and continually provide results.
- If it had to be done more than once, you have already automated it
Rockstar Qualifications: (Not Required, Nice To Have)
- Strong background in a systems admin role (Windows/Unix/Database/Storage/Backup) along with script supported automation - a good 50/50 mix
- Nagios, MySQL, Java, Perl (or PHP), application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, ATG, Resin)