As a Barclays UX Researcher, you will be at the forefront of creating award winning products for our 25 million customers. You will be part of our large and diverse Insights and Design Team, offering you an exciting opportunity of a creative and collaborative environment, right at the heart of product development. This is part of a key transformation to evolve and grow Barclays User Research capability and is part of an ongoing investment by the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
These roles will initially be remote working but the successful applicant will be based out of any of our centralised locations of London, Northampton and Radbroke (Manchester).
What will you be doing?
- You will be an experienced User Researcher capable of assisting with research activities internally and externally, helping engage project teams and others with research
- You will be assisting with planning, running User Research projects to support the creation of beautiful, useful and innovative products for our 25m UK customers
- You will be actively contributing to what type of research will provide the best insights in the time given, developing new ways of working to improve the way the team carries out research.
- Analysing User Research data and clearly communicating the findings to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Working at the heart of the Design Function, alongside Designers, Product Owners and various internal / external stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Proven design research project experience focusing on end to end customer UX
- Experience utilising usability lab studies, user interviews, expert evaluations, participatory design sessions, rapid prototyping, ethnographic research survey development, analysis
- A team player and good communicator who can engage with a wide range of candidates and stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Empathy and an interest in human behaviour, needs and motivations.
- Understanding of research operations (tools, processes) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness of research.
- Good collaboration skills, experience working with designers, developers, stakeholders or clients
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.