Associate Research Analyst
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments UK
- 15 Jan 19
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for an Assistant Research Analyst to join our UK Equity team in Leeds.
What is the Equity Investment Management group responsible for?
Our Equity group are responsible for managing Franklin Templeton’s investments in this space, they are divided into specialist teams with this role specifically sitting within the UK Equity team based in our Leeds office. This team manage our six UK Funds with £3.4 Billion currently under management, the team are highly inquisitive, dedicated and disciplined; aiming to look beyond short-term volatility, momentum and news flows as they take a genuinely long term, low-turnover approach. As Assistant Research Analyst you will work closely with the fund managers in all aspects of the investment lifecycle primarily focussing on UK small and mid-cap stocks.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of an Assistant Research Analyst?
- Generate investment ideas for the team and be prepared to robustly argue the case
- Conduct independent research which will involve meeting senior company management
- Identify and present stock ideas to the existing team members with emphasis on small to mid-cap companies
- Maintain financial models
- Present and meet with existing and new clients
- General support for the existing team
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ideally an additional professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Solid experience within the investment management and/or financial services industry
- Understanding of company accounts including balance sheets cash flow etc.
- Experience in working with complex financial models
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work autonomously whilst being a team player
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Passion for the stock-market and investing
- Able to think laterally and apply business context
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
If you have a flexible working arrangement within your current role please let us know so we can consider this during the hiring process and replicate where possible. This is part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment