Audit Senior Manager - Leeds
- £58,000 - £68,000
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Audit Senior Manager - Leeds One of world’s largest accountancy firms with over 1000 offices worldwide spread across 147 countries is seeking to appoint an experienced Audit Senior Manager to be based in the UK, specifically Leeds. Renowned for being the city of start-ups, industry and finance, Leeds has much to offer to both locals and expats from all over the world and with different abilities.
The Audit Senior Manager will be a senior member of the audit group. Will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
• Act as audit lead on larger private, Private Equity backed and listed clients who operate on an international basis. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner or Director.
• Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
• People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level and below.
• Responsible, along with the partner or Director for ensuring audit quality for a portfolio of clients.
• Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
• Take part in wider practice management at local level and manage own client portfolio to agreed financial KPI’s.
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
• Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
• ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level or A level equivalent if qualified through school leaver route.
• Previous Audit Manager in practice.
• Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) and PE backed clients and clients with international interests.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK (preferred but not essential) and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
• Business development experience - able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
• Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework.
• Able to demonstrate the development of an industry and personal network.