Cloud Platform Manager, Services, North & South Europe Internal IT, Leeds or Cardiff
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
In this role you will be based from one of our Regional offices and work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will lead the Engineering Team which deploys cloud-based solutions on such platforms as Azure, AWS or GCP using a wide range of technologies and the full range of multi cloud services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets.
Deloitte IT Services is looking for Cloud Platform Managers who are passionate about Leading Teams that cloud platforms at scale using cloud services. You will have a background in technical leadership, design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure.
Cardiff / Leeds / Amsterdam
37.5 hours, Full Time Monday - Friday or standard hours depending on local arrangements
Reporting to the Head of Cloud Operations the Cloud Platforms manager is responsible for leading a team of Cloud Engineers whose core task is to ensure the security and operational maintenance of the Deloitte cloud platform across North and South Europe. The role is a mixture of technical and managerial responsibilities and includes but is not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage the technical teams responsible for cloud platforms
- Assure scripts to automate the deployment of Azure, AWS or GCP deployments and solutions;
- Maintain and support the cloud services platform;
- Monitor and maintain multiple Azure solutions to meet project requirements;
- Monitor and manage technical escalation for Cloud Operations.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams;
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes.
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Bash, PowerShell, Python & C#;
- In- depth knowledge of configuring and managing Windows and Linux environments;
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies;
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong communicator and decision maker;
- Experience of team leadership and staff performance reviews
- Setting objectives and development plans for individuals
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rota;
- Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites;
- Be willing to submit to BPSS and Security Clearance (SC) vetting processes.
Experience in the following is desirable:
- Any cloud architect / administrator / developer certification (AWS / Azure / GCP);
- Proven Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.);
- Proven Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos);
- Windows and/or Linux sysadmin certification (e.g. RHCE);
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira/Confluence, VSTS);
- ITIL experience;
- Fundamental knowledge of security best practices in cloud
You are here: Internal Client Services Beyond local services: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA. On 1 June 2018, Ireland has joined the new NWE organisation.
Deloitte North West Europe brings together over 38,000 people with a rich mix of skills and perspectives to serve one purpose and reach one aspiration. Key NWE statistics
- 10 Countries
- 138 Offices
- 2,300 Partners
- Over 38,000 People
- Over 650 FTE in NWE ITS
Over 120 FTE in EDC's
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. We intend to enable you to innovate our services, to enable us to be..
... The first choice for all things Technology & Digital
... Easy to work with, close to the business
... Actively supporting new business opportunities
... Supporting the best practitioner experience in professional services
... The gold standard in technology security
... An efficient, reliable and agile operational service
... Powered by world class, innovative people with a passion for delivery
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167362