Roles and Responsibilities
For each client, working as a member of the client service team to provide Indirect Tax Advisory services including
• Involvement in indirect tax advisory work (both domestic and international) on client portfolio
• Discussing new tax issues and opportunities with clients
• Working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
• Responding appropriately to requests from clients for other KPMG services
• Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
• Carrying out VAT reviews to identify tax risks and opportunities.
• Ensuring fees are raised regularly, identifying situations where overruns can be billed and assisting Senior Managers and Partners in billing for advisory work
• Supervising the work of junior members of staff
• Sound knowledge of UK VAT legislation
• Project managing cross border teams and UK client service teams on advisory projects as required. This involves liaising with specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients.
• Ability to keep up to date technically
Qualifications and Skills
• Prior Indirect Tax experience
• Ideally CTA / ACA / CA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent), but not essential
.Experience and Background
• Ability to work as part of a team and show initiative to drive projects forward
• Strong inter-personal skills - the role will involve developing a strong internal network, coaching junior staff and client facing responsibilities.
• Inquisitive with attention to detail
• Practical approach to problem solving
• Personal effectiveness and commitment
• Client focused and commercially aware