DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a highly skilled Front-End Developer to work with us on building innovative, accessible, reliable services that will improve the way that UK citizens interact with DWP health services.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique:
· We have 1bn lines of code in over 12,000 code repos and 90+ programming languages. That's more lines of codes than there are calories in 7.2m Strawberry Delights.
· We run around 294 days' worth of testing every day through automation. You could get a rocket to Mars in that time.
· Our APIs receive 173 million requests, and we spin up 280,000 AWS servers every month.
· Over 22 million people - 1/3 of the UK's adult population - access our services daily. Over 100,000 colleagues and agents use the kit, tools and systems we roll out. We're one of the biggest payers in Europe with over £195bn payments made annually.
We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
You're a skilled Front-End Dev with the leadership skills and vision to get the best out of those around you.
You'll help lead DWP's largest transformation project.
Our teams use modern testing and development techniques. We write and share test driven code, working with cross-functional teams to connect and integrate back end systems, implementing modern web development stacks, user-centric focus and performance analysis.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
· Experience of technical direction across a number of services, through shaping tools and pipelines, ensuring that they work and perform smoothly across multiple devices.
· Experience shaping and defining the high standards to which products and services are built, ensuring that teams uses modern web development techniques.
· Mentoring and support of junior designers and trainee software engineers in front-end development.
· Substantial experience of frontend architecture and substantial experience of building front end in an iterative environment.
· Experience of modern client-side web development techniques, tooling and pipelines.
· Substantial experience of cross-browser, device, automated and accessibility testing.
· You can constructively review service frontends and provide constructive criticism to teams.
· You can clearly explain technical decisions and other ideas.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle or Birmingham. Whichever is convenient.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model with around 40% of your time spent collaborating on-site.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £77,102 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27.9%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
· Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
· Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
· Family-friendly policies
· Time off volunteering and charitable giving
· Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
· Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
· Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
· Sports and social activities
· Working in an award-winning environment and culture
· Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.