- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 23 Apr 19
Network Architect - £600 / £650 per day
A large organisations based in Leeds is looking to hire a highly skilled Network Architect to join their team on contract basis. You will ensure that designs and solutions are aligned to the business strategies as they relate to the overall network architecture and associated technologies. This includes but is not limited to; the IP design, switching, routing protocols, load-balancing, Wireless, WAN/LAN/WLAN/IPT infrastructure and network security technologies.
This role requires working closely with the business functions to understand requirements and facing into the incumbent managed network service provider to translate the business requirements into a solution design.
Some Key Responsibilities;
* Work with Project Delivery Managers to provide technical guidance in a TDA role for new network designs and solutions, assisting with migration planning and assurance
* Contribute to the development of the global network strategy, architecture, design and security
* Develop network design and deployment principles, technical standards, policies and process
* Ensure that network architecture recommendations and plans fall within specified budget
* Acts as the Technical Design Authority and approve network architecture changes, such as the addition of new services, moves, and changes
* Assist in promoting network development and evolution in support of the broader business strategy
* Deliver high-quality voice/data communication and network security solutions to ensure the investment in technology is consistent with business objectives
* Expert knowledge at a detailed level of network technologies and their application across WAN, LAN, Wireless, Voice, Network Security
* Expert understanding of network architecture design techniques, theories, principles and their application
Design, development, configuration and implementation of enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
* MPLS design, IP environments, firewalls, switching, routing, design redundancy, Cisco technologies, Load balancers, network firewalls.
* Load balancers such as Riverbed or F5 appliances
* Good knowledge of Information Security, firewalls, proxies etc and how it fits in to enterprise scheme
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.