Risk Consulting Regulatory Compliance - Manager
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 18
Broad UK Regulatory knowledge; • Experience of working on due diligence projects; Likely to have held significant positions in the financial services industry; with the PRA or FCA; and / or a leading professional services organisation; • Successful track record of managing people and projects new business origination through both internal and external activities; and • Industry recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, CISI, FPC, IMC, CFA etc.) desirable but not essential.
You will be the engagement manager on a number of engagements for wider regulatory compliance with our UK client base.
This will involve but is not limited to:
- Engagement managing small and medium sized projects including regulatory due diligence;
- Leading and co-leading pitches to win future work;
- Managing budgets, providing work in progress updates and client invoicing;
- Ensuring engagements are delivered to the high standards our clients expect;
- Leading, motivating and managing teams and co-ordinating with subject matter experts;
- Managing engagements day-to-day supporting engagement leaders including the financials and resourcing of individual projects
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of client relationships alongside the partner and directors of the team;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and building an external network.
- Contributing to discreet areas of business development and proposal builds;
- Enhancing KPMG’s profile in the market by supporting KPMG's wider global network;
- Identifying new opportunities with existing engagement/clients for the team and the wider KPMG
- Providing detailed technical advice covering a range of regulatory matters; and
- Managing or leading a portfolio of concurrently running client engagements.
As an engagement manager, you are technically proficient but also comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people whether internally or in a client facing capacity. Your experience and skills will show that you will:
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery;
- Display technical strength in core regulatory subject matter expertise areas;
- Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows;
- Sustain a high level of drive, show enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team;
- Display an inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community;
- Demonstrate insight and apply knowledge effectively to business and client problems;
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and identify opportunities to enhance revenue;
- Proven track record of
Issue identification and problem-solving skills.
chieve results through others
Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
Planning and project management skills.
- Effective oral and written communicator (the role will involve report writing including focussed due diligence reporting);
- Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear;
- Promote the Regulatory team within KPMG in order to encourage collaboration and increase internal leads;
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, knowledge and experience; and
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
- Broad UK Regulatory knowledge;
- Experience of working on due diligence projects;
Likely to have held significant positions in the financial services industry; with the PRA or FCA; and / or a leading professional services organisation;
- Successful track record of managing people and projects new business origination through both internal and external activities; and
- Industry recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, CISI, FPC, IMC, CFA etc.) desirable but not essential.