SQL Data Base Administrator, Internal Services, Leeds
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team that is responsible for the support and maintenance of the SQL Server platform.
The SQL DBA Role will be responsible for managing SQL databases, SQL servers and SQL clusters throughout their lifecycle. This role plays an important part in the SQL related aspects of supporting and maintaining the SQL server estate both on premise and in the cloud. This is a large, enterprise SQL environment, underpinning many mission critical applications. Interfacing with business application owners, to provide SQL support and guidance is a key element.
As the IT function is spread over multiple geographic locations, you will be expected to communicate and collaborate effectively with remote colleagues
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
There are Technical and Service elements to this role and you will be expected to cover all aspects of this role. The role will include but not limited to the following:
Technical and Service
Your work, your choice
- Respond to Incident and Requests in line with SLAs
- Use of SCOM monitoring tool to proactively avoid service impacting issues
- Provide 3rd line support for SQL services, operating under a best practice, ITIL framework
- Work closely with practitioners and vendors to provide technical support and assistance for problems related to SQL services
- Respond to service outages which affect Deloitte's business operation and reputation, which may require out of hours work as necessary.
- Maintain the performance, availability and security of SQL services, with a focus on continuous service improvement
- Ability to solve problems, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to peers, customers and management
- Work with change management, developers, project teams, business teams and vendors to provide guidance and assist in the deployment of SQL databases and SQL related application updates
- Assist in defining SQL technical standards and developing processes
- Assist in maintaining documentation, technology compliance standards and landing space policy
- Document disaster recover procedures and perform regular tests
- Provide input in to evaluation, design, and integration of new technologies into SQL platforms
- Working with diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Your professional experience
You will have a broad high level understanding of the principles, concepts and technologies relating to SQL Server, including:
- High Availability and disaster recovery techniques including Availability Groups, failover clusters, database mirroring, log shipping
- Scripting languages, T-SQL and Powershell
- SQL performance tuning, troubleshooting, backup and recovery processes and methodologies
- Server performance management and capacity planning
- Knowledge of SAN / NAS storage architecture and design with SQL Server
- SQL Server in the cloud, AWS and Azure
Previous working experience of configuring and supporting the following products;
Your service line: Internal Services
- SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017 (essential)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- System Centre Operations Manager
- Hyper-V and VMWare
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLICSS, BAITEC, CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171074