Senior Data Engineer: Splunk SIEM & Cyber Platforms
- up to £63,353 with work/life balance and excellent benefits package
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 18
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Are you a Senior Data Engineer with Splunk SIEM and Cyber Security seeking a new challenge?
Are you able to lead the way in data engineering and take it to the next level ?
Are you ready to join us in a massive digital challenge?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with Splunk SIEM and Cyber Security to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
This Senior Data Engineer with Splunk SIEM and Cyber Security will support the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), in implementing change and improvements, including defining requirements on some of the UK’s biggest public-facing services.
You’ll be working alongside product owners as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a “world class service” designed for people who use them in line with the governments’ Digital service standard.
You and your role
As a Senior Data Engineer you are an expert in your field and will role model data engineering practices across the Data Engineering community.
- Leading the Data Engineering community to build in quality to the data products and services, using industry best practices.
- You will have proven experience working in a large scale data driven organisation, leading design, build, test and deployment activities for data services that are focused on self-service and data quality.
- You will be a key player in the senior leadership team in the development, identification, future planning and delivery of data services the Department offers to its customers across Government and Private sector organisations.
- You will drive the build of our Data Engineering capability by providing technical leadership to a large multi-disciplined team and provide career development for our Data Engineering Community.
- As a Senior Data Engineer you will lead a large number of multi-functional delivery teams, to deliver robust data services to DWP, other Government Departments and Private sector partners.
What we are looking for
- Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security (Qualifications: Splunk Certifications, ISC/2, CISSP/CISM, CEH certification or equivalent experience / skills).
- Technical authority for the integration of new security capability to a growing platform and the associated technical and organisational governance required.
- Significant experience in codifying and organising technical dependencies and relationships between stakeholders.
- Ability to monitor and manage platform performance, optimization, capacity and outages and trouble shoot any technical problems across multiple domains.
- Successful track record of design, build and operations of cyber security services in large scale organisations.
- Security products and countermeasure techniques, including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Advanced Persistent Threat detection, Incident Response tools, Vulnerability Scanning & Management, Secure Content Delivery Networks, PKI services, encryption and authentication techniques.
- Leading and improving complex, multi-disciplinary teams responsible for delivering robust, timely and accurate data products and services.
- Leading, up skilling and motivating colleagues in a multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales and working alongside multiple senior stakeholders.
- Development of complex data routines and patterns and associated problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of data architecture concepts / technologies e.g. data warehouse, data lakes, big data.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems across multiple technology domains.
Where you’ll work
We have easy-to-reach digital hubs in London, Leeds, or Manchester and a huge, talented tech presence including lots of Data Engineers across the UK.
We offer a flexible benefits package, including a cycle to work scheme and family friendly perks such as a generous annual leave allowance which can all be tailored to your lifestyle.
You’ll also be in line for a very competitive salary, up to £63,353, employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more. For exceptional candidates the maximum salary may be negotiable depending on your skills, experience and ability.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job, as well as the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across the tech community and via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Click apply and follow the link to register your details and submit your cv.
Please contact email@example.com if you require more information.