- Litherland, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers We have a great opportunity for a Financial Crime Manager to join our team in Bootle.
The role holder will act as principle contact with the business areas in Corporate Banking; providing high quality advisory support and oversight of the financial crime risks and controls and will proactively seek opportunities to improve the controls environment, while working in partnership with the business teams and the rest of the Financial Crime Compliance Function.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It's about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn't enough. That's why we're developing a world-class environment for crime prevention.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Providing core support for all financial crime matters (AML, ABC, Sanctions and tax evasion).
- Delivering concise and easily understandable financial crime advice, and coaching, on complex subject matters. Liaising with appropriate business areas to ensure that high value financial crime matters are appropriately supported within financial crime compliance, and best practices shared with wider teams.
- Providing consistent and high quality support to the Corporate business areas; including mainly non-personal customer relationships, such as introducers and suppliers, as required.
- Effectively managing financial crime risks and escalating, as appropriate, in line with organisational and departmental requirements.
- Building effective and lasting relationships with all stakeholders; actively promoting and enhancing the reputation of Financial Crime compliance across the company.
- Demonstrating creativity and innovation by reaching solutions through challenging the status quo and "thinking outside the box".
Minimum skills and experience required
- An in depth knowledge of, and practical experience across, all aspects of financial crime compliance and the banking sector. This includes its drivers, challenges and market practices.
- A detailed working knowledge of the UK legal and regulatory framework for financial crime is essential, specifically, the following: ML Regulations, UK Bribery Act, POCA, Terrorism Act and Sanctions regime.
- Specific knowledge of Correspondent Banking, Trade, complex Corporate Structures, and Investment Banking would also be beneficial.
- A recognised industry qualification in financial crime, or the appropriate level of proven experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships across a variety of stakeholders.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be working in our Bootle office, easily accessible from major motorways, Liverpool city centre and a short walk from Aintree train station. With free onsite parking, restaurant, coffee shops and branch, there's something for everyone.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.